SAN FRANCISCO, CA and LONDON--(Marketwire - Jun 20, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the last-minute hotel booking app, announced today the availability of its apps for iPhone, iPad and Android in the United Kingdom with initial hotel offerings in London.
- HotelTonight users can book rooms at top hotel brands such as Morgans Hotel Group, Thompson Hotels, Langham Hotels & Resorts, and more. Notable London hotel properties include:
- Belgraves - a Thompson Hotel
- Blakes Hotel London
- St Martins Lane London
- The Langham, London
- The Cadogan
- Town Hall Hotel
- London visitors and residents can now use HotelTonight to book last-minute hotel stays at deep discounts. The app is perfect for business and leisure travelers, as well as spontaneous locals.
- The app launches just ahead of the London Olympics and will provide last-minute deals at top hotels in the area during the events.
- London travelers can get £15 off their first booking by using the promo code UK15. Users can also invite friends to try out the app and receive another £15 when that friend makes their first booking.
- For hotels, HotelTonight provides a new and innovative way to sell unfilled rooms. Hotels can offer mobile bookers targeted impulse rates, improving revenue per available room without impacting brand perception.
- HotelTonight offers a first-rate, made-for-mobile experience. The app provides room and hotel details tailor-made for last-minute bookers, and hotel profiles feature beautiful, mobile-optimized photos taken by HotelTonight photographers.
- HotelTonight also announced today the opening of its London-based office in the Shoreditch area of East London, an initial move in what will be a determined push to expand globally and reach new users worldwide.
- HotelTonight plans to launch in additional cities in the United Kingdom and other markets in Western Europe in the coming months.
- In addition, HotelTonight added Heather Leisman as Managing Director, Europe. Heather brings over 16 years of online travel experience to the HotelTonight team, and most recently ran the supply, operations, customer service and merchandising functions at Jetsetter. Heather will lead the strategy and oversee the execution of HotelTonight's European expansion.
- HotelTonight recently secured a $23 million Series C investment, led by U.S. Venture Partners with continued participation from Accel Partners, Battery Ventures and First Round Capital. This latest round will help continue to fuel the company's worldwide expansion.
- With over two million downloads to date, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel deals in over 40 U.S. cities, Toronto, Vancouver and London.
- HotelTonight is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and can be downloaded here. The HotelTonight app for Android is available from Google Play, and can be downloaded here.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers three same-day hotel deals in each of its destinations, with discounts of up to 70 percent off.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Deals can be booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Sam Shank, CEO, HotelTonight:
"Over the last year, we've focused on making traveling within the U.S. more spontaneous by offering convenient, last-minute hotel deals. And in a very short time, we've made a huge impact. Now, we're going to change the way the rest of the world views travel. We're excited to break ground in the UK, and start fulfilling spontaneous travel needs abroad."
Dagmar Noe, Director of Sales and Marketing, Belgraves - a Thompson Hotel
"HotelTonight has been such a fantastic way for our sister properties throughout the US and Canada to get in front of highly desirable tech forward customers, and it has become a reliable source of last second bookings. We were thrilled to get Belgraves -- a Thompson Hotel on the app as soon as they made it to the UK."
Joseph Warren, Director of Sales at The Cadogan
"At The Cadogan, we are constantly looking for innovative ways to reach and engage with new customers -- HotelTonight was the perfect partner to help us to do just that. They made signing on and getting started selling rooms quite simple -- just as simple as it is for users to book a room using the app. Not only was it an easy process, but we couldn't be happier with how HotelTonight's photography showcases our hotel on the app."
HotelTonight is the only booking app that is made-for-mobile. Available for free in the App Store and on Google Play, HotelTonight offers the best pricing for last-minute deals at top hotels vetted personally by HotelTonight staff. Perfect for business travelers, leisure travelers and spontaneous locals, HotelTonight deals are currently available in over 40 destinations in the U.S., London and Canada. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the app.