DUBLIN, IRELAND--(Marketwire - Oct 18, 2012) - HotelTonight
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight (http://www.hoteltonight.com), the first hotel booking app designed entirely for mobile devises, announced today its Ireland launch with initial hotel offerings in Dublin.
- Every day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers same-day hotel deals and personalised hotel options in each of its 65+ destinations. Starting today, the app will now be available for spontaneous or last-minute travel within Ireland.
- For both travellers and locals, HotelTonight's launch in Dublin offers the chance to take a last-minute Irish holiday or keep the fun going after the match by booking a spur-of-the-moment, deeply-discounted stay at a top-rated hotel. New and noteworthy hotel partners include:
- The Croke Park Hotel
- The Gresham Dublin
- The Merrion Hotel
- The Morgan
- The Westbury Hotel
- HotelTonight's launch into the Ireland market is being announced by Co-founder and CEO Sam Shank at his main stage at the Dublin Web Summit, 11:35 IST on Thursday, 18 October.
- The app, which is already a huge success in America and the UK with over 3.5 million downloads to date, is designed to reach business and leisure travellers, as well as spontaneous locals.
- Since HotelTonight's launch in Europe just three months ago, it has grown and expanded quickly. HotelTonight recently added Amsterdam to the app, and is now live in over five markets in the United Kingdom. The company plans to open in other Western European markets in the coming months, meaning Irish customers can get the best deals at home and abroad! First time bookers can get 20 euros off their first booking by using promo code TONIGHT.
- HotelTonight offers a first-rate, made-for-mobile experience. The app provides room and hotel details tailor-made for last-minute bookers. Because it's entirely optimised for mobile, the app is beautifully simple to use with fantastic full screen images of the hotel facilities and useful traveller-friendly tips. Rooms can be booked on the app in eight seconds with just two taps and a swipe.
- Hotels can offer mobile bookers targeted impulse rates, improving revenue per available room. Because customers don't know which rooms are on offer until 12pm local time that day, they cannot predict and wait for hotel-specific deals meaning the brand value is not impacted.
- European operations are being overseen by London-based Heather Leisman, Managing Director, Europe. Heather brings over 16 years of online travel experience to the HotelTonight team, previously running the supply, operations, customer service and merchandising functions at Jetsetter. Heather continues to lead strategy of HotelTonight's European expansion.
- HotelTonight recently secured a $23 million Series C investment, led by U.S. Venture Partners with continued participation from Accel Partners, Battery Ventures and First Round Capital. This latest round has helped to fuel the company's worldwide expansion.
- HotelTonight is available for free from the App Store, and can be downloaded here (https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/hotel-tonight/id407690035?mt=8). The HotelTonight app for Android is available from Google Play, and can be downloaded here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hoteltonight.android.prod).
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers three same-day hotel deals in each of its destinations, with deep discounts of up to 70 percent off. The app also now offers an expanded selection of hotel options personalised to customers' tastes.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimised hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 am local time.
Sam Shank, CEO, HotelTonight:
"Mobile technology has revolutionized the way we plan our lives, totally changing our mindset and approach to travel; we're no longer tied to a pre-planned itinerary, but instead can make spontaneous decisions about where to go and for how long. HotelTonight has responded to this rapidly growing last-minute market, firstly in America and now globally. With over 3.5 million downloads to date, we know just how in demand last minute, convenient, good value hotel deals are. Dublin is a fantastic destination for both domestic and international travelers and we're delighted to add it our rapidly growing list of cities."
Heather Leisman, Managing Director of Europe, HotelTonight
"The positive response to our European launch this summer has been overwhelming. Hot on the heels of London, we have now expanded into four British cities and demand is growing all the time. Word has certainly spread to Ireland, where we've received many requests from both travelers and hoteliers for Dublin to be added to our hotel booking app. We've worked hard to bring the Dublin launch together for the Dublin Web Summit and over the coming months look forward to adding many more Irish and European cities to the app so that our customers can get great value, last-minute deals wherever they travel."
Carol Byrne, Group Sales & Marketing Director, The Morgan Hotel
"There's a definite trend towards last minute bookings across the industry, to stay ahead of the curve we have to make sure we're at the consumer's finger tips whenever they need a room for the night. HotelTonight takes care of this on mobile -- it is easy for clients to book a night with us and also very quick, which is essential for user friendly mobile technology."
Robert Russell, Director of Leisure Sales UK, The Doyle Collection
"Our partnership with HotelTonight has been brilliant. We've had a terrific experience working with them to fill last-minute rooms at our London Doyle Collection properties, and with the high quality of guests that the app brings in. We're excited to grow with HotelTonight in Ireland and beyond!"
HotelTonight was founded in December 2010 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 60 destinations in the U.S., United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, and Canada. Based in San Francisco, California, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.