SAN FRANCISCO, CA and LONDON--(Marketwire - Aug 29, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the leading last-minute hotel booking app, reached a major milestone today, hitting three million app downloads.
- HotelTonight also announced today that it has expanded to ten new cities across the United States and the United Kingdom. In the UK, HotelTonight deals are now available in Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Liverpool, and in the U.S. in St. Louis, Charlotte, Pittsburgh and Nashville. Manchester (UK) and Salt Lake City/Park City will be added in early September.
- HotelTonight launched overseas in late June and has rapidly expanded. In addition to breaking out London into neighborhoods, HotelTonight has added five new destinations in the United Kingdom. This is just the start of a continued aggressive push overseas for the company.
- With these recently added cities, HotelTonight now offers last-minute hotel deals in over 50 destinations in the United States, United Kingdom and Canada.
- The mobile-only company is working tirelessly to provide consumers with deals in new cities, and is adding, on average, a new destination to the app every two weeks. HotelTonight will be announcing many more destinations and countries in the coming months (stay tuned!).
- HotelTonight continues to add notable hotel brands to the app, and has recently partnered with top-rated properties including:
- Ace Hotel & Swim Club (Palm Springs)
- Cavallo Point (Marin)
- Dream Downtown (New York City)
- The Driskill Hotel (Austin)
- The Hoxton (London)
- Dakota Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Since HotelTonight's launch in January 2011, the company has raised more than $35 million in funding and established itself as the leader in mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book incredible same-day hotel deals at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is consistently in the top 15 travel apps in the App Store, with has an average user rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, and 4.4 out of 5 stars in Google Play.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and on Android. Download the app here.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers three same-day hotel deals in each of its destinations, with deep discounts of up to 70 percent off.
- Deals can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Jared Simon, Co-Founder and COO, HotelTonight:
"Hitting the 3 million download mark and announcing ten new cities shows how serious we are about our aggressive expansion and fulfilling our promise to be ubiquitous. Our goal is for HotelTonight to be the next big brand in travel and the go-to solution for last-minute, spontaneous hotel stays -- no matter where you are. We're getting there fast, and this recent momentum proves it."
Heather Leisman, Managing Director of Europe, HotelTonight:
"We're hitting the ground hard in Europe, and expanding quickly thanks to the phenomenal response from hotels. Europeans are big travellers and the continent's vast array of easily accessible destinations means that impulsive mini-breaks or business trips are as feasible as planned-in-advance summer holidays. We believe that an app like HotelTonight, which makes it easy to book spontaneous holidays and trips, is a perfect fit for the dynamic European market."
Gilbert Aguado, Director of Revenue, Dream Downtown:
"We are truly excited to begin working with HotelTonight! We have heard about all the great things that they have done for hotels throughout New York, and we are excited to introduce a whole new contingent of mobile-savvy guests to the Dream Downtown. We are thrilled to be partnering with them."
Neil Farren, Director of Sales, Number 10, Glasgow:
"HotelTonight is a great channel for helping us fill rooms at the very last minute. We're confident that the app's ease of use and growing brand awareness will help bring in spontaneous business and leisure travellers. We're excited to see their continued growth, and happy to be along for the ride."
HotelTonight is the only booking app that is made-for-mobile. Available for free in the App Store and on Google Play, HotelTonight offers the best pricing for last-minute deals at top hotels vetted personally by HotelTonight staff. Perfect for business travelers, leisure travelers and spontaneous locals, HotelTonight deals are currently available in over 50 destinations in the U.S., United Kingdom and Canada. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the app.