SOURCE: Cupcake Vineyards
LIVERMORE, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - With Labor Day fast approaching, Cupcake Vineyards suggests celebrating the final traditional day to wear white with an all-white soiree. "Live Deliciously" on the unofficial last day of summer with a selection of white wines paired with delectable dishes, and take it one step further with a monochromatic dress code and décor motif.
"Summertime has always been the perfect season to enjoy a chilled glass of white wine, and we're fortunate to have so many varieties and flavor profiles with which to experiment," said Alison Hotchkiss, event planner, designer and owner of Alison Events. "From crisp and tart to creamy and rich, today's complex white wines have a place at the party from the appetizers to the dessert course. Labor Day is the perfect day to give these wines a try."
Food and Drink
Cupcake Vineyards offers a full spectrum of white wines from which to build a Labor Day Whites party menu, from Central California coast classics to favorites from the world's preeminent wine-growing regions. "Experimenting with even just three or four varieties can showcase the range and versatility of whites, particularly as they relate to styles of cuisine," continued Hotchkiss. Consider some of the following menu combinations:
- Cupcake Vineyards Angel Food: a delicate blend featuring tastes of baked Granny Smith apple and hints of vanilla. Serve the wine as an aperitif or with an appetizer of pancetta-wrapped figs.
- Cupcake Vineyards' Chardonnay: a classic from the Central California coast, this wine's flavors of butter, cream, citrus and vanilla work well with fresh-baked French bread and a selection of cheeses.
- Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc: the zest of Meyer lemons and key lime meld with an essence of grapefruit, gooseberry and citrus for a complex and vibrant accompaniment to succulent oysters on the half shell or decadent lobster risotto.
- Cupcake Vineyards Pinot Grigio: full bodied with a creamy combination of pineapples, pears and sweet lemons, this wine complements rich dishes like linguine alfredo or scallops in a cream sauce.
- Cupcake Vineyards Riesling: from Germany's renowned Mosel Valley, this wine shows ripe honeydew and lemon chiffon with a touch of sweetness, working well with grilled halibut or Indian butter chicken.
Dress and Décor
With one last chance to don cool white duds, greet guests at the doors clad in white from head to toe. White linen trousers and a crisp white shirt for hosts and a soft white shift for a hostess are simple but elegant outfits for the occasion. Glam it up with accessories such as shimmering white scarves, faux pearl or diamond bling, strappy sandals and star-worthy sunglasses. Or, for a more casual affair, slip on a classic pair of espadrilles with white Bermuda shorts.
Whether you're entertaining inside or out, set the ambiance with white linens, flowers and décor. Clusters of white spider mums or bunches of white daisies add freshness. White table cloths and napkins -- whether in formal linens or casual cottons -- provide a clean backdrop to showcase food and drink. Add ambiance with white candles.
About Cupcake Vineyards
Cupcake Vineyards, located in Livermore, Calif., introduced a fruit-forward, indulgent and eminently approachable portfolio of wines in 2008. The inaugural release of Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon has since grown to include an array of varietals from Central California as well as from other world-renowned wine-producing regions, including Marlborough, New Zealand; Mendoza, Argentina; Prosecco, Trentino and Asti, Italy; Barossa Valley, Australia; and Mosel Valley, Germany. Winemaker Adam Richardson and his team never rush the winemaking process, taking time to create the complex, rich and creamy wines that enable everyone to "Live Deliciously."