SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 6, 2012) - CLOUD EXPO - GreenButton™ the leading provider of IT automation and utility computing software, today announced the launch of GreenButton Cloud Fabric, the industry's first server solution that enables users running compute intensive applications to deploy, manage, and run a variety of applications in either private or public clouds -- or both. GreenButton Cloud Fabric delivers a comprehensive and integrated on-demand cloud solution that leverages the cloud's processing power for high performance computing workloads for a fraction of the cost.
GreenButton's Cloud Fabric is a highly cost-effective server platform that provides organizations with supplementary processing power in the cloud without the complexity or operational expenditure risks. The platform features multi-cloud management with a single tool set, known as Mission Control, and an easy to use software developer kit (SDK), including a development emulator for easy enablement of workloads. Mission Control includes commercial features around billing, reporting with organizational control and chargeback. The platform also includes data synchronization tools for the cloud -- GreenButton CloudSync.
"Cloud computing has been focused on running general type applications with low memory and CPU requirements," said Scott Houston, CEO of GreenButton. "We believe the future of cloud computing is to bring the applications that most people have said 'will never run in the cloud' to the cloud. We're seeing exceptional growth and adoption across our cloud offerings. We feel it's about choice. And, it's ultimately about providing exceptional end user experiences, regardless of the deployment model. GreenButton Cloud Fabric delivers significant value to technical computing and High Performance Computing clients in need of a cost-effective, highly scalable, robust solution."
Presently, customers can choose between utilizing a private cloud or public cloud, and/or a multi-cloud deployment for high-powered computing or compute intensive applications. GreenButton's Cloud Fabric harnesses the cloud's infinite power while managing the many complexities involved. By offering a powerful management solution with the ability to easily extend compute intensive workloads into the cloud with auto provisioning, monitoring or managing of any virtual resources, GreenButton Cloud Fabric is the perfect solution for companies in a variety of markets including financial services, media and entertainment, aerospace, oil and gas, and biotech.
GreenButton's Cloud Fabric also enables service providers to sell -- and integrate -- the solution to their independent software vendor (ISV) and enterprise customers, by providing an easy, low risk on-ramp to get enabled on the cloud and drive cycles. Service providers have the choice of running the platform on their own cloud infrastructure or on a public platform like Windows Azure or Dell Cloud Services.
"GreenButton has earned the reputation as a leading provider of HPC and on demand computing solutions in the business," said Nnamdi Orakwue, vice president, Dell Cloud. "With Cloud Fabric, we are able to differentiate our cloud offering and drive utilization, giving our customers a proven Software as a Service solution to help them get the most out of the cloud with the least amount of effort. Cutting time to market at a fraction of the cost is invaluable to all."
Key benefits of Cloud Fabric include:
- Mission Control - Now users can simply and easily manage all cloud-based applications across multiple private and public cloud platforms from a centralized and user-friendly web-based application.
- GreenButton SDK and development emulator - An innovative approach to enabling workloads on the cloud using the GreenButton SDK. A development emulator is available via the SDK to test and verify application integration prior to deploying to the cloud.
- Cloud Sync - Data synchronization tools for the cloud, delivering a seamless way to iteratively migrate your data into the cloud. It provides the ability to define custom data extraction for integrating with other data sources and can automatically synchronize nominated files with the cloud.
- Private and public cloud support - The ability to run workloads on a private cloud or multiple supported public clouds.
- Multi cloud management with a single tool set - Once enabled, GreenButton provides all of the cloud services for ISVs, enterprises and service providers to manage and deliver their own services hosted either on private clouds or any of the major public clouds.
- Organizational governance, billing and chargeback - Configure organization hierarchy to provide granular billing and reporting on cloud-based usage down to department and user level supporting chargeback models. Ability to configure user quotas and thresholds.
Sales and Partnership Inquiries
For more information, please call +1 650-862-9347 or email Jeff Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
About GreenButton™ Limited
GreenButton™ is an award winning global software company specializing in On-Demand cloud computing. GreenButton delivers a turnkey solution for cloud-enablement, synchronizing data and bursting apps to the cloud. Enabling enterprises, independent software vendors (ISVs) and service providers to move to the cloud and access cloud resources, GreenButton provides a multi-purpose cloud platform for development and delivery of software and services. GreenButton's Cloud Fabric empowers users across all industries including digital media, engineering, oil and gas, financial and biotech, to leverage the company's rapid enablement of vertical applications to virtualized on-demand infrastructure. With GreenButton's unique feature sets, cloud-based applications across multiple private and public cloud platforms can be easily managed from one centralized and user friendly interface.
GreenButton is Microsoft Corp's 2011 Windows Azure ISV Partner of the year and the company's offices are located in New Zealand and the US. For more information, please visit http://www.greenbutton.com or follow GreenButton at https://twitter.com/GreenButton.
GreenButton is a service mark and trademark of GreenButton Limited. All other product names, service marks, and trademarks mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective owners.