LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - June 29, 2012) - Available from Friday 29th June, Coventry Building Society is launching two, market leading savings accounts. A telephone based, easy access account, paying a table topping rate of 3.25% AER and a short term fixed rate bond, paying a best buy rate of 3.65% AER.
- 3.25% AER, including a 1.25% AER bonus for the first 12 months.
- Minimum balance is £500, maximum investment £250,000.
- Unlimited withdrawals are permitted for a minimum of £500.
- Minimum deposits of £500 can be made into the account until the 31st October 2012.
Short Term Bond
- 3.65% (AER/gross pa) fixed rate until 31 December 2013.
- No withdrawals permitted.
Colin Franklin, Sales and Marketing Director at Coventry Building Society, said: "We are delighted to be launching two great savings accounts; both best buys in their respective markets.
Following the great success of our recent online savings accounts, we have had feedback from some customers telling us they prefer to manage their savings over the phone rather than online. We are therefore launching the Telephone Saver; an easy access savings account with a UK based customer service centre which offers a best buy rate and flexibility for savers.
In addition, we are launching a market leading fixed rate bond paying 3.65% AER, ideal for savers looking for a great rate but who don't want to tie their money up for a long period."
So whether savers are looking for a great, telephone based, easy access account or a best buy fixed rate bond, there is something for everyone at the Coventry.
For further information on Coventry Building Society savings accounts visit www.thecoventry.co.uk.