SOURCE: Graphing Social Patterns
October 03, 2007 11:49 ET
Graphing Social Patterns Conference Explores the Business and Economy of Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, and Other Social Networks; Reid Hoffman, Tim O'Reilly to Keynote
SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - October 3, 2007) - Graphing Social Patterns, http://graphingsocial.com, will host
Silicon Valley VCs, marketers, and developers as they look to the "Social
Graph" for innovation and customers.
- Graphing Social Patterns will be held San Jose on October 7-9 at the
Holiday Inn, 1740 North First Street in San Jose, Calif.
- It is the first conference covering both the business and technology
issues of Facebook and other social networking platforms.
- The conference is intended for business and marketing executives as
well as technical developers.
- Profiles marketing case studies of non-tech businesses experimenting
with social networking to reach and acquire new customers.
- Features business and technical education sessions about Facebook, the
new developer platform for Facebook applications, and boom of new and
- Additional sessions will cover the latest from other social networks;
social strategies of Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo; and new social
application startups Slide.com, RockYou, SocialMedia, ClearSpring, among
- Keynoting the conference are Reid Hoffman, Founder and Chairman of
LinkedIn; and Tim O'Reilly, Founder and CEO of O'Reilly Media and
Co-Founder of the Web 2.0 Summit and Web 2.0 Expo conferences.
- Additional speakers include Dave Morin, Senior Platform Manager at
Facebook; Mike Arrington, Founder and Editor of TechCrunch; Danny Sullivan,
Founder of Search Engine Land and Chief Editor of Third Door Media; and
Charlene Li, Vice President and Senior Analyst at Forrester Research.
- The event will feature an all-day-all-night "App-a-thon" coding
contest for Facebook app developers, culminating in a live demo "AppNite"
presentation of the best apps.
- The event chair and producer is Dave McClure, a Silicon Valley angel
investor, blogger, and startup advisor.
- All access pass is $900, two day pass is $700, Day 1 or 2 pass is
$400, Sunday workshop passes are $300 each.
- Conference sponsors include Microsoft, Charles River Ventures, and
RockYou; media partners include O'Reilly Media, TechCrunch, VentureBeat,
and Inside Facebook.
- For complete information on Graphing Social Patterns speakers and
schedule or to register for the event visit: http://graphingsocial.com.
"At O'Reilly we've been monitoring the Web 2.0 movement since 2004, and
Facebook Platform is one of the most innovative and exciting technologies
to emerge in the past three years" said Tim O'Reilly, Founder and CEO of
O'Reilly Media. "Social networking platforms, and applications based on
the social graph, are at the core of what's driving today's internet
startups and their people-powered web services."
"For our users, social networking has always been about getting down to
business," said LinkedIn Founder and Chairman Reid Hoffman, an early angel
investor in Facebook and also in the recently announced $10M fbFund for
Facebook Apps. "We see a lot of value in building applications on our
network for business communication and marketing. LinkedIn Jobs and
LinkedIn Answers are just a few examples we've developed for users on our
For more information visit http://www.graphingsocial.com
Conference schedule: http://graphingsocial.com/schedule/
Headshots and speaker bios:
Facebook group for conference:
Video interview with Dave McClure here:
About Dave McClure and 500 Hats LLC
Dave McClure has been geeking out in Silicon Valley for over fifteen years
as a software developer, entrepreneur, startup advisor, angel investor,
blogger, and internet marketing nerd. He is an advisor and investor in
several internet startups including Mint, Spock, Mashery, Canopy Financial,
and Simply Hired. Dave is the founder and principal of 500 Hats LLC,
dedicated to supporting, advising, and educating internet startups and
high-tech entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and the SF Bay Area. For more
information, visit http://www.500hats.com.
Graphing Social Patterns is a registered trademark of 500 Hats LLC.
Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, O'Reilly Media, and
all other company and product names above are trademarks of the respective
companies with which they are associated.