SOURCE: Information Builders
NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Oct 1, 2012) - Information Builders, a leader in business intelligence (BI) and analytics, information integrity, and integration solutions, today announced that innovative technology providers are improving processes and strengthening their business by embedding its WebFOCUS BI platform into their software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions.
SaaS is emerging as a popular model for organizations looking to reduce costs associated with running software in house. These solutions encompass an array of applications, such as sales, marketing, web, finance, and more, producing a vast amount of data that many organizations struggle to accurately capture and analyze. Information Builders' technology partners are solving this challenge for their customers using embedded BI, which provides access to the company's advanced analytics capabilities through their SaaS applications.
"By embedding proven BI software into their applications, technology providers give users access to advanced analytical capabilities at a lower cost of ownership and increased time to value. Information Builders has provided these SaaS solutions for numerous years and, as this model gains popularity in the enterprise, we're arming our partners with the technology they need to reduce costs, enhance security, and simplify administration."
Information Builders has numerous customers who have integrated BI into their applications to drive revenue, expand their footprints, and allow their customers to leverage critical information from distinct systems. Following are just a few examples of Information Builders' SaaS partners that have embedded BI capabilities into their applications:
- Chrome River Technologies, a leading provider of expense management software and automated invoice processing, embedded WebFOCUS into its application to provide users with in-depth analytical capabilities that generate user-guided reports, including complex reports containing highly sophisticated charts and graphs. This provides customers with improved visibility into spending patterns so they can achieve greater control over their expenses.
- Emergency Medicine Business Intelligence (EMBI) provides performance dashboards, key performance metrics analytics, and benchmarks for Emergency Departments (ED). With WebFOCUS, EMBI can deliver a clean and intuitive user interface that demonstrates how EDs are performing in real-time, as well as monitor how their key performance metrics are trending as compared with their target performance and the performance of their peers.
- Mercurial is an Australian-based firm, which provides consulting and services for sales and marketing effectiveness, performance management, and cloud-based BI. Enabling MiPortal®, powered by WebFOCUS, its live and secure cloud-based business intelligence platform has further provided our clients with the ability to rapidly deploy enterprise-wide BI solutions, delivering decision-ready intelligence across their organizations at a fraction of traditional BI delivery costs.
- Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. It is a leading technology service provider to air cargo organizations and has been delivering services in a SaaS model for more than a decade. WebFOCUS is part of the company's portfolio of SaaS services.
- Varolii, a provider of customer interaction solutions, helps more than 380 organizations, including Southwest Airlines, Time Warner Cable, and Southern California Edison, make approximately four million daily communications. Varolii leveraged WebFOCUS to deliver advanced BI functionality, including the ability to quickly and easily create self-guided user reports for its customers. WebFOCUS also enables customized charts and dashboards that are available via the web, with users simply choosing columns, sort criteria, measures, and output formats from drop-down menus. With the solution, Varolii customers can respond more rapidly to changing market conditions, optimize customer interactions, and maximize productivity and cost-efficiency.
- Blue Ocean Consulting is an independent business improvement consultancy firm located in Australia. Based on its industry experience in construction, Blue Ocean has developed a Project Performance Improvement Centre [P2IC™], powered by WebFOCUS. This is a web-based solution incorporating the fundamentals of production management and the Last Planner System™ of production control. Designed specifically for the construction environment, yet flexible enough for any industry that requires successful capital-based project outcomes.
For more information about Information Builders' SaaS and BI solutions, please visit: informationbuilders.com/solutions/saas_center.
About Information Builders
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. That's why tens of thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry. Visit us at informationbuilders.com, follow us on Twitter at @infobldrs, like us on Facebook, and visit our LinkedIn page.
social and media tags
business intelligence, bi, webfocus, software-as-a-service, saas, dashboards, analytics, reporting