LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Oct 17, 2012) - Causing a fright on the Strip with costume parties, spooky attractions and more, the VEGAS.com experts have hunted down the terrifying parade of festive celebrations this Halloween in Vegas. The ghoulish events and nighttime adventures set to terrorize the streets of Sin City include:
- Palms Casino Resort hosts their largest Halloween celebration at Rain Nightclub with their Night of the Killer Costumes on October 27. Partygoers can enjoy the beats of DJ Zen Freeman beginning at 10 p.m. and compete in costume contests.
- PURE Nightclub inside Caesars Palace presents a special Halloween edition of "Who Came to Party?" with Sky Blu on October 30. Featuring a superheroes and villains theme, the evening will offer the opportunity to win prizes for the best costume.
- Making his debut at Wynn Las Vegas' haunting spot, Avicii takes over the decks at Tryst for a special set on Halloween night.
- Prepare for terrors of the night at LAVO inside the Palazzo with special host and UFC fighter, Urijah Faber. The Official UFC Halloween Party will kick off at 11 p.m.
Whether your costume channels the terrifying figures of popular thrillers or a scantily-clad version of your favorite cartoon character, dress to impress for the city's various costume parties including:
- The Fetish & Fantasy Ball at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is deemed one of the craziest costume parties in Sin City. Held on October 27, the nighttime affair will feature a fear-provoking line-up of DJs including Bad Boy Bill and Head Hunterz, among others.
- PBR Rock Bar inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino will celebrate the holiday with a Haunted Hoe-down, featuring costume contests and prizes on October 31. Take a ride on the mechanical bull dressed in your costume and compete for an open bar tab.
- Revel at Crazy Horse III and the Ghouls Gone Wild celebration on All Hallows' Eve. The venue's costume contest will offer $1,000 in cash and prizes.
- Inviting all ghouls, goblins and ghosts on October 31, Cabo Wabo Cantina offers drink specials for guests in costume. The extended "Happy Halloween Hour" including $4 well drinks will be from 3 to 10 p.m.
Mingle with the vampires, zombies and evil spirits at these devilishly entertaining experiences on and off the Strip:
- Board the Titanic Haunted Tours at Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition and hear the unexplained stories of the ship's lost souls, including Frederick Fleet and the "Lady in Black." The hour-long tour offers a unique Halloween experience that both educates and entertains.
- The Fremont Street Experience transforms itself into the ultimate adult playground for the holiday weekend. Hosting the fourth annual OktoberFrightFest, the festivities include the haunted attraction, The Asylum, sound shows, drink specials and more.
- For a family-friendly outing, Springs Preserve's annual Haunted Harvest has carnival games, a haunted house and trick-or-treat stations. The festival will host a special evening on Halloween night from 5 to 9 p.m.
- Face your fears at Haunted Reef inside Mandalay Bay with fearsome creatures including tiger sharks, Komodo dragons and more. Trick-or-treaters are invited throughout the weekend to lurk through the dark tunnels and pose for photos with skeletons in dive gear.
For more information on these events and other ways to celebrate Halloween in Las Vegas visit http://www.vegas.com/halloween/.
VEGAS.com is the largest city destination travel website in the world with extensive, constantly updated information and a full range of travel products including Las Vegas hotels, Las Vegas Air & Hotel Packages, Las Vegas shows, tours and golf. A state-of-the-art contact center provides customer support, expert information and sales 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to complement the information on www.VEGAS.com. VEGAS.com, through its Casino Travel & Tours unit, operates retail and concierge desks at more than 50 locations including the Palms, Paris, Harrah's, Bally's, Excalibur, New York-New York, Luxor and more. The company also offers a variety of excursions including city tours, the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. VEGAS.com is a member of the Greenspun Family of Companies, privately owned and operating in Southern Nevada for more than 60 years.