LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Nov. 29, 2012) - To help evoke the true spirit of Christmas, Travelodge is continuing with its very own festive tradition of offering a free room to couples called Mary and Joseph during the 12 days of Christmas.
The 'gift' of a free night's stay is to make up for the hotel industry not having any rooms left on Christmas Eve akin to over 2,000 years ago when the original Mary and Joseph had to spend the night in a stable.
Today's Mary and Joseph can choose to stay in one of 500 UK based Travelodge hotels, the spacious family room can cater for a baby in a manger and a free car-parking space will also be provided for the couple's donkey. The free room will be available from Christmas Eve until the 'Twelfth Night' of Christmas (Saturday 5th January 2012).
To claim the free festive room, couples called Mary and Joseph just need to register their details at email@example.com by Friday 21st December 2012 with proof of their name.
Shakila Ahmed, Travelodge spokeswoman said: "To help evoke the true spirit of Christmas we will once again we opening our doors to couples called Mary and Joseph and offering them a free night stay during the 12 days of Christmas."
"For the last five years we have run this offer to make up for the hotel industry not having any rooms left on Christmas Eve. This year we have had couples emailing us as early as August asking if they can take up the seasonal offer this year. In the past we have had an average of 30 couples called Mary and Joseph stay with us during the festive season."
Terms and Conditions:
- All applicants must be UK citizens, be over the age of 18 years of age and must have an email address
- Mary and Joseph couples need to be married and proof of ID is required for each partner
- No entries will be accepted without proof of ID
- The closing date for emailing entries is Friday 21st December 2012
- Only one person from a household can apply
- Only one free room is available per entrant
- Room bookings are subject to availability
- The free room cannot be exchanged for a cash value
- The free room cannot be given to someone else to use
- No travelling, food, beverages, telephone or Internet costs will be covered within the offer
- The offer is not open to Travelodge employees and their spouses
- Travelodge do not accept responsibility for any entries, replies and / or vouchers lost, delayed, damaged or not received for whatever reason
- Travelodge reserves the right to provide an alternative prize similar in quality and value.
- Travelodge will not be liable for any cancellations, alterations or modification to the promotion or Prize for any reason which falls outside its control
- All entrants will be required to participate in post-event publicity if required
The first budget hotel brand to launch in the UK in 1985, Travelodge now operates over 500 hotels and over 35,400 rooms across the UK, Ireland (11) and Spain (4). Travelodge plans to grow its estate to 1,100 hotels and 100,000 rooms by 2025. Over 13 million people stayed with Travelodge last year and 90% of reservations are currently made online at travelodge.co.uk, where room rates start at £19 per night. The chain employs over 6,000 staff.