ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwire - Sep 12, 2012) - Flashpoint, a start-up accelerator at Georgia Tech, kicked off its Demo Days for its second cohort of start-ups in Atlanta. Fourteen startups took the stage to present their company vision during four-minute presentations. The first Demo Day was hosted at the Flashpoint headquarters in Atlanta. Additional Demo Days will take place on September 13th in New York at Union Square Ventures and in San Francisco on September20th at Mithril Capital Management.
Presenting start-ups include:
- BeSmart Ventures: improves safety and increases completion rates of mCommerce transactions.
- Buzztastic: manages the complexity of negotiating, executing and measuring results so that two or more companies can market to their audiences together.
- CourseShark: registers student for classes, organizes their schedules, and helps them get jobs.
- Deliverable: matches top companies with elite freelance talent
- Dwellio: a mobile app for apartments designed to increase retention by facilitating new relationships among residents.
- Pickoff Sports: a new game company being built by the team that brought you Rivals.com (acquired by Yahoo); Scout.com (acquired by Fox)
- ScheduleLogicMD: helps healthcare organizations utilize intelligent scheduling to optimize patient outcomes and obtain superior financial performance.
- SeeMove: provides a way for people to independently track boxes when hiring interstate movers.
- Springbot: delivers an ecommerce marketing platform to small & medium merchants.
- Soccermetrics: brings Moneyball analytics to professional soccer teams worldwide.
- Techturized: is where women talk, shop, and get personal advice for their hair, online.
- The OR Standard: world-class technologists produce products that improve operating room workflows.
- Vehcon, Inc: creates substantial savings for drivers, and helps auto insurance and services companies increase profits by aggregating and analyzing big data collected from drivers' smartphones.
- We&Co: connects service professionals and the businesses that hire them.
About Flashpoint @ Georgia Tech
Flashpoint at Georgia Tech is a startup accelerator with something more, a startup engineering program that accelerates the startup work of extraordinary entrepreneurs. Flashpoint teams access experienced mentors, technical, marketing and design experts, investors and entrepreneurial stars, and work in an exciting, immersive, shared-learning, open workspace.