OVERLAND PARK, KS--(Marketwire - Oct 23, 2012) - Healthcare organizations can now tap into a Clinical Application Resource Extension (CARE) solution from FishNet Security, North America's leading information security provider, to automate the provisioning of user accounts and access permissions to clinical and non-clinical applications. The solution taps into Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010, including the recently released R2 version, as the engine that enables organizations to provision their users for access to EMR, EHR and non-clinical business applications.
"In an environment where information is threatened by security breaches like never before, we're seeing an uptick in the number of healthcare providers who want to ensure the right people have access to the right applications in a safe and secure manner," said Phil Lentz, chief identity strategist at FishNet Security. "Through our partnership with Microsoft, we're able to deliver an IAM solution unmatched in the healthcare industry."
The CARE solution provides an integrated and auditable way for healthcare providers to meet compliance standards while improving clinician productivity and in turn patient care. It offers a superior process for delivering IAM in both cloud-based and on-premise computing environments while addressing the top security challenges associated with the initial results of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Civil Rights' HIPAA audits, including the issues of authentication and integrity as well as granting and modifying user access.
"The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act (HIPPA) are U.S. laws passed to provide, among other things, security and privacy for information in the healthcare industry," said Earl Perkins, Gartner research vice president and enterprise security expert. "Identity and access management (IAM) is a vital part of securing access to such information, ensuring that employees, patients and partners get the right access to the right information for the right reasons in compliance with HITECH and HIPAA. By doing so, IAM ultimately plays a critical role in allowing medical staff to be more efficient and effective in ensuring positive patient care. As a result, IAM solution deployment is on the 'to-do' list of many healthcare enterprises everywhere."
FishNet Security's CARE offering enables healthcare providers to:
- Centralize identity management of clinical and business applications, resulting in enhanced auditing, compliance and IT Controls, with a scalable foundation
- Support clinical applications whether or not they have robust and mature user management APIs (application programming interfaces)
- Leverage existing investment in Active Directory and enable self-service functionality for the end user population
- Provide clinical application user lifecycle and password management
- Bring consistent policy and auditing to access requests, provisioning and workflow approvals
- Paired with Microsoft BHOLD, provides a full range of role-based user management, access governance and reconciliation/recertification capabilities to the clinical environments
- Meet and demonstrate meaningful use requirements by providing EHR functionality to control, access and uniquely identify users for auditing purposes
About FishNet Security
FishNet Security is the No. 1 provider of information security solutions that combine technology, services, support and training. Since 1996, the company has enabled clients to manage risk, meet compliance requirements and reduce costs while maximizing security effectiveness and operational efficiency. FishNet Security is committed to information security excellence and has a track record of delivering quality solutions to over 5,000 clients worldwide. For more information about FishNet Security, visit www.fishnetsecurity.com, www.facebook.com/fishnetsecurity and www.twitter.com/fishnetsecurity.