SANTA MONICA, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 11, 2012) - This holiday season, let eHarmony help answer that never ending question from family and friends -- "why are you still single?" We've put together 10 of our snappiest comebacks for use at parties, family events and holiday gatherings to get prying family members off your back. They think they mean well and after these comebacks, maybe they'll think twice about asking the next unsuspecting single they come across.
"A little humor is always helpful when the family Q&A begins. We came with this fun list to help people deal with this inevitable, and often annoying, holiday question," said Grant Langston, Vice President, Customer Experience at eHarmony.
Here are our favorite comebacks to the well-meaning meddlesome question, "Why Are You Still Single?":
1. Because you haven't proposed yet.
2. Just lucky, I guess.
3. Name one married superhero. Exactly.
4. My mail-order spouse should be arriving any day now.
5. Because I want my cat to grow up in a stable environment.
6. Mother Teresa was single, would you be bugging her?
7. Because I keep turning down proposals.
8. Because no company is better than bad company.
9. What's the rush? With a longer life expectancy than previous generations, I can get married later in life and still end up celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary.
10. True love is worth waiting for. I'm not going to settle just because I've been single for a while.
While eHarmony is responsible for nearly 5% of all U.S. marriages each year* and with the ever increasing number of successful marriages produced by eHarmony, maybe next year, no comebacks will be needed!
Santa Monica, Calif.-based eHarmony, Inc. (www.eharmony.com) was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in using relationship science to match singles seeking long-term relationships. Its service presents users with compatible matches based on key dimensions of personality that are scientifically proven to predict highly successful long-term relationships. On average, 542 people marry every day in the U.S. as a result of being matched on eHarmony, nearly 5% of new marriages.* Currently, eHarmony operates online matchmaking services in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and Brazil, and through its affiliation with eDarling, in 11 countries throughout continental Europe.
* 2009 survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive.®