MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 25, 2012) - Egnyte, the leading provider of file sharing infrastructure for businesses, today announced an industry first server sync of up to 5 million files and 25 megabytes/second upload speeds in Europe and North America, leapfrogging comparable services. Additionally, Egnyte is launching a series of enterprise-related features aimed at ensuring IT maintains high levels of control and security, while end users can get their work done quickly and easily from anywhere on any device.
"We're very excited to have implemented breakthrough technology that combines the economics of the cloud with 'in-the-office' performance to raise the bar on what companies should expect for their file sharing infrastructure providers," said Vineet Jain, CEO and co-founder of Egnyte. "With triple the speed of our nearest competitor in our supported markets, and unprecedented support for syncing of up to 5 million files, businesses can rely on us in a way never done before. We support large numbers of files, individual files up to 10GB in size, large numbers of users and devices across a multitude of access points to offer the next generation infrastructure for file sharing needs."
In a world of cloud-only solutions, Egnyte has created a solution based on the notion that the cloud is not enough as evidenced by 8 out of every 10 customers using its hybrid solution. Leveraging existing infrastructure, including on-premise storage, Egnyte brings cloud economies to the enterprise. To better address enterprise needs, Egnyte has developed a series of IT and end-user features that take file sharing infrastructure to a new level.
IT can now:
- Access throughput speeds of 25 megabytes/second in supported markets, 3 times faster than the nearest competitor
- Dramatically increase sync capabilities with support for five million files per device, 125 times more files than the nearest competitor.
- Deploy faster and smarter across an enterprise utilizing: Egnyte's Mass Installer™, Automatic Active Directory Updater™ (native) and Remote Deployment Installer™.
- Secure data with even more confidence by accessing: End-to-end single sign on support from mobile to cloud, two factor authentication, password authentication and rotation, activity alerting, hard and soft lockouts after failed login attempts, and real time auditing/reporting of permission changes, lockouts, password resets and mobile downloads.
- Deploy multi-tiered disaster recovery plans which include: robust N+4 backup and replication across multiple platforms including Amazon S3 and user owned storage devices.
Understanding that the target users of a file sharing solution are twofold, Egnyte has also implemented a series of end-user focused updates that include:
- Major overhaul of the user interface to increase productivity and efficiency with updates that include: drag/drop usability, full HTML 5 support,
- The most methods for accessing files in the industry (desktop sync, NAS, SAN, Virtual Machine, all major tablet and mobile platforms) and unlike the competition (capped at 2GB), NO upload limit on files via FTP.
- Support for new Kindle Fire HD and iPhone 5.
Over 1 billion files are shared daily by businesses using Egnyte. Egnyte's unique technology provides the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud. Users can easily store, share, access and backup files, while IT has the centralized administration and control to enforce business policies. Egnyte, founded 2007, is based in Mountain View, California and is a privately held company backed by venture capital firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.