MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Egnyte, the leading provider of cloud file sharing infrastructure for businesses, today announced Egnyte FireStorm 2012, its first annual conference. Themed "The Cloud Is Not Enough," this one-day executive conference will explore the issues surrounding the "cloud" today and offer in-depth discussions by industry luminaries on the future of the cloud, who the key player will be, and which technologies will be implemented in the enterprise.
- Vinton Cerf, VP and Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
- Cynthia Stoddard, SVP/CIO NetApp
- Kevin Wright, CIO Softchoice
- Ted Schadler, VP & Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
- Terri McClure, Sr. Analyst Enterprise Strategy Group
- Dylan Tweeney, Executive Editor at VentureBeat
- Paul Taylor, Editor for the Financial Times
- Jon Erlichman, Sr. West Coast Correspondent, Bloomberg TV
- Michal Lev-Ram, Writer for Fortune Magazine
- Karim Faris, Partner, Google Ventures
- Matt Murphy, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Mike Maples, Managing Partner, Floodgate Ventures
- David Barret, Managing General Partner, Polaris Ventures
Egnyte co-founder and CEO, Vineet Jain will make product announcements that will open and extend the EgnytePlus ecosystem. Creating a powerful file-sharing infrastructure that brings the economies of the cloud to the enterprise is critical to a sound, corporate-wide technology strategy and Egnyte will help enable that shift.
"Enterprises must embrace the cloud, it's clearly here to stay, but we firmly believe a cloud-only strategy is not sufficient for a long-term enterprise file-sharing strategy," said Vineet Jain, CEO of Egnyte. "FireStorm is all about having discussions to understand how realities affect your long-term strategy. Bringing together the best on stage and off is a great way to make sure Egnyte, and the industry, are having actionable conversations for how to implement Cloud architectures."
To learn more about Egnyte FireStorm 2012, see the full agenda, and apply for an attendee pass, visit http://www.egnyte.com/firestorm. This event is free, however space is limited and will be invitation only. Those who aren't eligible for in-person attendance will be able to live-stream the conference via a password enabled portal, so contact us today to be a part of it. Join the conversation on twitter using #firestorm2012.
Over 1 billion files are shared daily by businesses using Egnyte. Egnyte's unique technology provides the speed and security of local storage with the accessibility of the cloud. Users can easily store, share, access and backup files, while IT has the centralized administration and control to enforce business policies. Egnyte, founded 2007, is based in Mountain View, California, and is a privately held company backed by venture capital firms Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Floodgate Fund, and Polaris Venture Partners. For more information, please visit www.egnyte.com or call 1-877-7EGNYTE.