CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Oct. 19, 2012) - Welcome to Halloween, Food Bank style! With a list like this, there's no excuse to not have a pumpkin out front; and NO ONE can say they had nothing to do on Halloween night.
The following events are being hosted by our friends in the Calgary community, with the proceeds coming straight to the Calgary Food Bank. Help us get the word out…
Four (count 'em, four!) pumpkin giveaways…
- Kelly McKelvie's 14th Annual Pumpkin Giveaway. 9AM - 1PM, at the Tuscany Club. There will be a colouring contest with two draws for kids ages 6 and under, and for ages 7 to 12. Two pictures will be drawn at random for prizes of $50 at Toys-R-Us! http://www.themckelviegroup.com/about/pumpkin-giveaway.html
- Kim & Doug Hayden's 13th Annual Great Pumpkin Giveaway. 9AM - Noon (or whenever the pumpkins run out!) 13th Annual give-away at the McKenzie Towne Sobeys and now in its 1st year at Cranston Sobeys. Round up at the till at both locations that day. http://www.kimanddoughayden.com/events/the-great-pumpkin-giveaway-2012/
- Kirby Cox's 16th Annual Pumpkin Giveaway. 10am until the pumpkins run out at Hamptons Co-op. http://www.kirbycox.com/blog/2012-10/
- North Hill Centre Pumpkin Giveaway. 12pm - 2pm. As part of the Fare Fight for Food Campaign. (also on October 27) http://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/sites/default/files/Pumpkin%20Giveaway_2.pdf
Thrill Calgary. From 11AM - 1:30PM, at Centre Court, Eau Claire Market, Downtown. A giant zombie 'Thriller" flash mob, syncing up with hundreds of other cities worldwide to set a simultaneous dance world record. They expect 200-400 people doing the dance, with a few hundred spectators and every major media outlet in the city present. Food and cash donations are being collected onsite for the Calgary Food Bank. https://www.facebook.com/thrillcalgary
October 27 & 28
Haunted Calgary. 6-10pm. The Campbell family has been traumatizing Trick-or-Treaters in Calgary with their haunted houses since 1987. Since 2006, they've been raising funds for Oops-a-Dazy Rescue and Sanctuary Society and collecting food for the Calgary Food Bank. For those not feeling so brave, drop by from 3:00 to 5:00pm on October 28 for their 'no scare' tour. http://hauntedcalgary.com
Haunted Houses and Trick or Treaters!
- Eerie Lake Haunted House. Welcoming victims from 5pm - 9:30pm at 106 Lake Erie Place SE. For the first time since the family started scaring the neighbours, Eerie Lake Haunted House is collecting food and cash donations for the Food Bank. This is a "big scare" event, not recommended for young or fearful kids. But everyone gets candy - whether you make it through or not! Map: http://goo.gl/maps/tk808
- Haunted Calgary. 6-10pm. The Campbell family has been traumatizing Trick-or-Treaters in Calgary with their haunted houses since 1987. Since 2006, they've been raising funds for Oops-a-Dazy Rescue and Sanctuary Society and collecting food for the Calgary Food Bank. For those not feeling so brave, drop by from 3:00 to 5:00pm on October 28 for their 'no scare' tour. http://hauntedcalgary.com
- Trick or Eat. Between 5:30pm - 8:30pm on Halloween night, residents of Varsity, Dalhousie, Brentwood, Crescent Heights, and Cambrian Heights can expect to answer their door to the howls of U of C students, begging for food donations for the Food Bank rather than sweets for their own stash! http://trickoreat.ca/
Evans Dental's 5th Annual Candy Buy Back. 4:30 - 7:30 pm. If you think your son or daughter has waaaaay too much Halloween candy come November 1, here's an option that will reduce the size of their loot bag and increase the number of fresh apples in the Food Bank's coffers. Plus, if you turn in your candy you get cash and the chance to win an iPod Nano! http://www.evansdentalhealth.com/candy-buy-back.html
For more information about each of these events, click on the haunted graveyard slide on the Food Bank's homepage.
This release is transmitted courtesy of Marketwire.