CHICO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - With fall right around the corner, it's time for homeowners to get their humble abodes ready for the colder months. To kick off the season, Build.com (www.build.com), the leading online-only home improvement retailer, today issues the six most important projects to complete this fall. Sourced from Build.com experts, the list also includes the best products to get each job done.
"Fall is one of the best times of year for home improvement projects. The lull between seasons gives homeowners one last chance to spruce up their homes before the winter weather hits and holiday guests arrive," said Build.com's DIY Specialist, Sean Murphy.
To get into the swing of fall, homeowners can follow these easy tips and product recommendations from Build.com:
1. As the leaves turn, so do the temperatures. Every homeowner needs to make sure their home is ready for the chill by getting their fireplaces checked, flushing hot water heaters and installing a programmable thermostat like the Honeywell VisionPro Digital Thermostat ($164.98). All are easy ways to keep a home's temperature under control, and save money on winter heating costs.
2. The extreme weather hasn't kicked in yet, but the crisp fall air often makes it too cold to enjoy backyard get-togethers. Extend the backyard entertainment into the colder seasons by adding the Uniflame Firebowl with Leaf Design ($97.35), and the Uniflame Stainless Steel Outdoor Heater ($361.35), and get just enough warmth to stay cozy for months to come.
3. Everyone loves the fall leaves, but no one likes cleaning them up. From the lawn to the gutters, those pesky leaves land just about everywhere. With the Black and Decker Leaf Hog Blower ($182.14), cleaning up leaves around the home will save homeowners time so they can get back to enjoying the fall days.
4. With fall also comes Halloween. To ensure the ghouls and goblins stay away, install the Kwikset SmartCode Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt ($109.28) or Medina Handleset from Baldwin's Prestige collection ($170.93), featuring a rustic style interior lever and the clever SmartKey system.
5. Homeowners can use the fall season to get ready for the holidays and the slew of guests that are expected to arrive. Revamping a mailbox is the perfect start -- make sure that all the presents and holiday cards are stored in a safe place with The Coronado™ Mailbox collection in black, bronze, sand or white ($196.80). And, to get ready for holiday entertaining -- before the actual season starts -- lighten up a room with the Five-Light Chandelier from AF Lighting's Elements Series ($278.00). It's also time to stock up on all the wine and bubbly before sharing a toast with friends and family. A perfect place to store all those bottles is in the Epicureanist Bottle Stackable Wine Rack ($63.70), designed to fit comfortably on any countertop.
6. It's hard to get out of bed in the morning when it's chilly outside, so have something to look forward to with the NuTone Bathroom Fan with Heater and Light ($206.71). Mornings will never be the same!
For more information on the products listed above visit: https://corp.build.com/all-posts/top-products-and-projects-for-the-home-fall-2012.
Build.com is committed to smarter home improvement. The company offers a massive selection of showroom-quality products and unique customization for both DIY's and building professionals. The company prides itself on having the best customer service in the industry, including a support center with extensive category knowledge standing by seven days a week to answer any questions.
To learn more about Build.com and its Network of Stores, visit: www.build.com.
Build.com is the leading online-only home improvement retailer, creating a smarter shopping experience for consumers and professionals. The site offers more than 600,000 top-quality, highly customizable products, and is the category leader in plumbing, lighting, door hardware and ventilation. The site is a one-stop destination for any home improvement project, featuring DIY tips, how-to videos and a dedicated staff of customer care representatives available seven days a week. Build.com was founded in 2000, and is headquartered in Chico, CA. For more information on Build.com, visit the company's corporate site (http://corp.build.com) and its Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/BuildDotCom).