SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 24, 2012) - Dome9 Security™, the leading provider of cloud server security management for public and private clouds, as well as for dedicated and virtual private servers (VPS), today announced the release of Dome9 SecOps for AWS -- a new service offering designed specifically for Amazon Web Services EC2 and VPC power users. In addition, Dome9 is also releasing new, across-the-board pricing plans to give customers greater pricing predictability for their cloud security.
Dome9 SecOps for AWS is an API-based (agentless) security management platform that gives large Amazon Web Services EC2 and VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) customers a powerful new security operations center with fine-grained security controls, auditing and reporting. The service provides multi-region and multi-account management centralization and automation for AWS Security Groups, with dynamic secure access leasing, rich auditing for compliance, and new tamper protection to prevent unauthorized changes to security policies that could put cloud servers at risk.
The new Dome9 SecOps for AWS lets Amazon Web Services power users:
- Centralize security management for unlimited instances, regions, and AWS accounts;
- Get alerts and tamper protection to prevent unauthorized policy changes from users and applications & unaccounted API keys;
- Apply the power of DNS in AWS rules using new Dome9 MagicDNS;
- Create editable service names and descriptions to make policy labels meaningful;
- Audit, log, and archive user activity to demonstrate compliance even after servers are deleted; and
- Set strong user permissions to control user management of specific security groups.
"We chose Dome9 SecOps for AWS because of its policy granularity," said Jason Mehrvarz, CTO of LikeLive -- a global leader in online video interviews. "SecOps for AWS is incredibly simple and powerful. We have multiple users accessing our cloud, and with Dome9 we're able to set up complex policies in minutes, eliminate the hassle of client VPN setups, and lock down our servers better than ever before to stop attacks."
"AWS customers routinely face a significant challenge managing their security policies, especially as they grow across multiple accounts, regions, and team members," said Zohar Alon, Co-Founder & CEO at Dome9 Security. "Large-scale AWS customers were forced to build custom security management functions requiring significant overhead, which most other organizations can't afford. Our new SecOps for AWS service provides an efficient and scalable management platform to centralize and automate policy administration, lock down policies to prevent unauthorized changes, audit and log changes for regulatory compliance, and much more."
In addition to releasing its new SecOps for AWS service, Dome9 has also unveiled new, plans-based billing. The new Dome9 Business Cloud and SecOps for AWS pricing plans are a departure from the industry's standard utility-based billing models. Available immediately, the new pricing plans are as follows:
Dome9 Business Cloud -- Now with several plan types offering varying scale and features, including the:
- Starter Plan -- Up to 2 servers and 2 users for $19 /month;
- Growth Plan -- Up to 8 servers and 4 users, plus extended auditing for $79 /month;
- Large Plan -- Up to 25 servers and 10 users, plus API Management and 2-factor authentication for $249 /month;
- XL Plan -- Up to 75 servers and unlimited users, plus priority support for $749 /month; and
- Enterprise Plan -- Unlimited servers and users
Dome9 SecOps for AWS -- Designs AWS power users with unlimited scalability across three plans:
- R2 Plan -- Unlimited instances across 2 AWS regions/accounts for $249 /month;
- R5 Plan -- Unlimited instances across 5 AWS regions/accounts for $749 /month; and
- Unlimited Plan -- Unlimited instances and regions.
Dome9 Lite Cloud -- Still free, and limited to 1 administrator and for up to 5 servers, with basic feature set.
"Security and cost are two of the great unknowns of the cloud, and big inhibitors to its adoption," said Alon. "Our new pricing plans demystify the cost of effectively securing cloud infrastructure, and provide the masses with enterprise-class security management that is otherwise too complex and costly to build."
For more information on Dome9 SecOps for AWS, visit www.dome9.com/SecOps-for-AWS.
For more information on Dome9's new pricing plans, visit www.dome9.com/pricing.
About Dome9 Security
Dome9, the leader in cloud security management, automates and centralizes cloud firewall management across all servers and clouds. Available for both enterprises and hosting providers, and as a free offering, Dome9 supports clouds, VPS, dedicated servers, and OpenStack, across all major operating systems and service providers. Dome9 is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, with U.S. offices in San Mateo, Calif., and is venture backed by Opus Capital Ventures. For more information, visit: http://www.dome9.com/.
Dome9, Dome9 Central, Dome9 Connect, Dome9 Cloud Lite, and Dome9 Agent are registered trademarks of Dome9 Security. All other trademarks are registered to their respective companies. Copyright© Dome9 2012.