SOURCE: Digital Analytics Association
WAKEFIELD, MA--(Marketwire - Aug 8, 2012) - The Digital Analytics Association (DAA), formerly the Web Analytics Association (WAA), today announced they will host a symposium at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco, CA, from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on August 29. The symposium will be followed by a one hour networking reception. The theme of the event is "What's Next? -- The Future of Digital Analytics," and the half-day seminar will focus on what's working right now in digital analytics along with what the future holds for the remainder of 2012 and into 2013. Attendees will learn how thought leaders are overcoming challenges to success in their businesses online and how these challenges may affect the future of digital analytics throughout the industry. They will hear where the future of digital analytics is heading from top executives and how to align their organization.
The three main tracks at the symposium will feature presentations on localization, social media and mobile (LoSoMo), big data and career development in digital analytics. The opening session, "The Key to Omni-Channel Marketing Analytics," will be led by Jim Sterne, chairman of the board for the DAA, and it will focus on the fact that humans refuse to act the way logical systems designers want them to. This makes tracking customers across one medium challenging and across all possible media next to impossible. However, Sterne will share the one key to success that can lead to a fuller understanding of prospects, customers and loyal fans.
Additionally, the three tracks will include top speakers, including:
- Jim Sterne, President, Target Marketing and Chair, DAA
- Akin Arikan, Evangelist, Enterprise Marketing Management, IBM
- Michael Gorman, VP, Strategic Partnerships, Acxiom
- Jim Brock, Founder, PrivacyChoice.org
- Ron Bodkin, Founder & CEO, Think Big Analytics
- Michael Recce, VP Modeling, Quantcast
- James Raybould, Director of Insights, LinkedIn
- Jed Kolko, Chief Economist & Head of Analytics, Trulia
- Andrew Bakonyi, Global eCommerce Analytics & Strategy, HP
- Hiten Shah, CEO, KISSmetrics
- Ron Bodkin, Founder & CEO Thing Big Analytics
- Rahul Deshmukh, Director, Web Intelligence, Splunk
- Paul O'Leary, Founder & CTO, Quantivo
- Feras Alhlou, President/Co-Founder, E-Nor
- Dylan Lewis, Group Manager, Web Measurement, Intuit
- Vincent Granville, Managing Partner, Data Science Central
- Alex Yoder, CEO, Webtrends
"The DAA has been hosting successful symposiums since 2010 and bringing together local digital analytics, marketing and business professionals for learning, professional development and networking," said John Lovett, president of the DAA. "We are excited to bring this opportunity to the bay area and silicon valley residents, who are renowned innovators and lead the world's largest high-tech corporations. The inaugural bay area symposium is expected to bring around 250 local professionals."
The event will be made possible thanks to contributions from one star sponsors including: Demandbase, Ensighten and IBM. Additional partners include: Anametrix, Splunk, Tealium and Webtrends. A limited number of additional sponsorship opportunities are still available. Interested parties may visit the website indicated below for further details. DAA members can register at a discounted fee of $10 and the fee for non-members is $50 to attend. To register or learn more, please visit: http://www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org/?page=sf2012
About the Digital Analytics Association (DAA):
The DAA is a not-for-profit, volunteer-powered association that helps members become more valuable through education, community, research and advocacy. The DAA was founded as the Web Analytics Association in 2004. The organization has more than 2500 members worldwide, representing forty countries and a broad spectrum of expertise. For more information about the DAA, or to become a member, visit the DAA website at: www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org.