SOURCE: Author Brad C. Hodson
LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 31, 2012) - "Darling" is the haunting first novel of acclaimed writer Brad C. Hodson, who has honed his craft and passion for horror through a successful track record of popular fiction and non-fiction short stories. Published by Bad Moon Books ($18.95, www.darlingbook.com) in October 2012, "Darling" is sure to spook, haunt and thrill legions of horror story genre fans.
In "Darling," Hodson takes readers to Raynham Place, a former battlefield and tuberculosis hospital and home to a number of mysterious occurrences. When two friends decide to move into this shadowy complex, something appears off, something going beyond the local legends of ghosts, serial killers, and Black Hounds, something that gets inside of everyone living there. The truth behind Raynham begins to unravel and threatens to burst with horrid nightmares.
"Growing up in rural Tennessee, my family shared ghost stories which turned me into a lifelong horror and mystery fan," says Hodson. "I delight in sharing with my readers tales of murder, mystery and suspense that will continue to haunt them long after they're read."
While the 386-page "Darling" is Hodson's first novel, many of his fellow authors are already singing its praises.
- "One of the creepiest settings I've ever experienced...DARLING is deeply unsettling, in your face horror." - NATE KENYON, award-winning author
- "Hodson delivers with passion and intensity." - SCOTT NICHOLSON, acclaimed author
- "Snag a copy of DARLING on my recommendation..." - GENE O'NEILL, Bram Stoker Award winning writer
- "DARLING was a great read... Excellent debut." - MICHAEL LOUIS CALVILLO, acclaimed author
- "Hodson's DARLING is a rare accomplishment, a finely-honed study in mounting tension that keeps readers turning pages despite their fear. This is how you do it folks." - JOE MCKINNEY, acclaimed author
About the Author
Brad C. Hodson is the recipient of the 2009 Roselle Lewis Award for Superior Achievement in Short Fiction. His fiction can also be seen in "Slices of Flesh," "Horror for Good," and "Blood Lite 3." More information can be found at the book's official website -- www.darlingbook.com and www.badmoonbooks.com -- in addition to the social networking sites at www.facebook.com/brad.c.hodson and www.twitter.com/bradchodson. "Darling: the Soundtrack to the Novel" is available on iTunes and a book video trailer is available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcQfx3MgPBw.