SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 27, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Thousands of organizations around the world, in a variety of industries, continue to invest in the Oracle E-Business Suite as they adopt it as first time customers, upgrade to the latest release and then expand their footprint by adding new modules and functionality of the Oracle E-Business Suite, as well as complementary Oracle applications and technologies.
- With hundreds of cross-industry capabilities spanning enterprise resource planning, supply chain management, and customer relationship management, the Oracle E-Business Suite applications help customers manage the complexities of global business environments no matter the size of the organization.
- As part of Oracle's Applications Unlimited strategy, Oracle is committed to ongoing support and enhancements of the Oracle E-Business Suite, thus protecting and extending the value of customers' existing software investment.
BLC Bank sal Reduces Number of Procure-to-Pay Processes by More Than 30 Percent by Adopting a New Implementation of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1
- BLC Bank sal, formerly known as Banque Libanaise pour le Commerce s.a.l., is one of Lebanon's pioneer banking institutions. It operates a network of 35 branches across the country and provides a full range of corporate, retail, and private banking services. In 2011, BLC Bank acquired a 94 percent stake in USB Bank PLC, one of the leading banks in Cyprus, with 40 branches.
- BLC and its subsidiaries previously maintained separate systems for managing fixed assets, inventory, and payables. The bank needed to integrate and streamline data stored in spreadsheets and other accounting systems that had been consolidated through predominantly manual extraction and mapping. The bank also needed to automate a procurement system to make purchasing and inventory information readily available to all executives.
- Installed in just five months, BLC Bank chose the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 to replace its in-house fixed asset and inventory system and an off-the-shelf accounting system. BLC Bank sought to integrate data and automate multiple business processes within a single repository system, with clearly identified automated mapping rules, eliminating multiple redundant entries and was able to reduce the time necessary to process procurement entries by more than 30 percent with the new system.
- To better integrate its operations, BLC Bank extended the enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution to help improve daily capture and synchronization of thousands of summarized general ledger positions between the ERP and core banking systems, regarding account information, currency mapping tables, and other data.
- "BLC Bank needed a best-of-breed ERP solution that could be quickly tailored to its financial services needs, and, given Oracle's expertise in the financial industry, we did not consider other vendors for the project," said Gaby Awad, Project Management Office Head, BLC Bank sal.
Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council Saves $1.6 Million in Costs by Upgrading to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 with an In-house Project Team
- Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council provides a full range of council services for 89,000 households in the town of Solihull, England, including health and social care, government social benefits payments, transportation, streets and parking, education, environmental health, refuse and recycling, and housing.
- The council strives to meet customer needs while delivering a greater number of public services for less cost. Its customers increasingly expect personalized services, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
- To better serve its customers, Solihull initiated a strategy to move key functions related to customer contact from the back office to the front office and made the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 the cornerstone of its administrative operations with a move to more employee self-service functions with Oracle Internet Expenses, Oracle iProcurement, and Oracle Self-Service HR, as well as a single view of each customer's interactions with the council using Oracle TeleService.
- By moving 80 percent of its back office operations to the front office, the council has been able to improve operational efficiency and reduced costs, while also improving customer satisfaction.
- To protect and extend the value of these applications while improving its support options, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council upgraded to the latest release of the Oracle E-Business Suite, which enabled the Council to eliminate a number of customizations and meet several legislative requirements.
- "As a small English local government authority, we have only a modest ICT capacity at Solihull Council. Upgrading to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 and staying current brings benefits to us. Oracle was the right choice for us when we first invested and continues to be so now. It has provided a great platform for growth and future development," said Steve Halliday, Head of ICT, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council. "The Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 is our core strategic enterprise application for administration and support services and we have made a decision to maximize our return on investment in our systems and our people."
Chicago Public Schools Expands its Oracle E-Business Suite Footprint to Scale for Future Growth under Budgetary and Staffing Constraints
- Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is the nation's third-largest school district and the second-largest employer in Chicago. It serves approximately 409,000 students in 675 schools.
- CPS upgraded to the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1 to gain new functionality and enable the system to scale for future growth under extreme budgetary and staffing constraints. By upgrading to the Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1, CPS has been able to reduce the previous system's customizations with minor impact to its 6,000 users in 700 departments.
- Building upon its existing investment in the Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle's PeopleSoft applications, CPS implemented additional products within the Oracle E-Business Suite, specifically Oracle Projects and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management to manage and monitor work orders more efficiently for the school district's $500 million capital funds for numerous construction and IT projects across 900 buildings.
- The new applications enabled CPS to support the full lifecycle of project and portfolio management with a single, accurate view of all 300 projects and related activities and allowed CPS to better track warranties and maintenance for building equipment at more than 900 locations, enabling better preventative maintenance and a reduction in reactionary spending.
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management was installed to manage work order management, work order requests, and preventive maintenance for more than 200,000 assets.
- CPS also installed other complementary applications to the Oracle E-Business Suite at the time, including Oracle's Primavera Contract Management to provide comprehensive tracking for each contract submittal, and Oracle User Productivity Kit to speed adoption of the new applications for more than 6,000 users.
- Taking advantage of the value of Oracle's integrated applications and technology stack, CPS also deployed Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition as an enterprise reporting tool for more than 40 applications and across all 700 departments, enabling users to access a single data source and to create and run their own reports.
- "The new features in the latest version of the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 will enable us to operate more efficiently and effectively, for example, by streamlining management of the US$5.5 billion in our operating and capital funds," said Prasad Nettem, Director for Enterprise Financial Systems, Chicago Public Schools.
After Moving to the Latest Release of Oracle E-Business Suite, Zebra Technologies Expands its Footprint Quickly and Easily Without Customizations
- Zebra Technologies offers an extensive portfolio of marking and printing technologies that give a virtual voice to an organization's assets, people and transactions; enabling organizations to take smarter business actions and unlock greater business value.
- In February 2009, Zebra moved to the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Financials from version 11.5.10. Since then, the company has expanded its footprint, adding Oracle Value Chain Planning, Oracle Order Management and Oracle Warehouse Management.
- Zebra is running a single global instance of the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 in approximately 30 countries and is in the process of rolling it out to ten more countries.
- Since it implemented the Oracle E-Business Suite without any customizations, it has been easier for Zebra to expand its footprint to additional countries, to upgrade early and often, as well as to add modules for more functionality.
- As the company grows, Zebra is able to quickly move acquired companies onto the Oracle E-Business Suite since it is running the standard modules with no customizations or modifications, which has helped it keep onboarding costs very low.
- Zebra has integrated its Oracle E-Business Suite applications with Oracle's Siebel CRM, Oracle's Demantra and Oracle's Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), which enables the company to help optimize its design process. In addition, Zebra is currently implementing Oracle Advanced Planning Command Center to provide access to supply chain performance metrics.
- In addition, the company designed its own radio-frequency identification (RFID) solution that integrates with Oracle Warehouse Management to make it more efficient to pick, pack and ship their products.
- Zebra Technologies has done nearly all its Oracle E-Business Suite implementations in-house with a team of highly skilled Zebra leaders augmented with a small number of consultants to fill gaps and primarily write legacy integrations and conversation programs.
- "At Zebra Technologies, we think the competitive advantage is being able to move fast and be efficient," said Donald O'Shea, CIO, Zebra Technologies. "We're very structured in the way we do things. We don't even have a process to bring forth a customization for our applications. As a result, we believe the payback on our Oracle E-Business Suite investment will be realized in less than four years."
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.