SOURCE: Cupcake Vineyards
LIVERMORE, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 21, 2012) - As fall fashions appear on stores and streets, Cupcake® Vineyards helps consumers find delicious inspiration in the fabrics, hues and elements that define the season's unique styles. When deciding what to wear, consider Cupcake Vineyards' suggestions on what to drink as the seasons shift.
"This year's fall fashion trends offer something for everyone -- deep color, sumptuous texture, elegant lines and cozy comfort," said Cupcake winemaker Adam Richardson. "Cupcake Vineyards creates the ideal accessories for the fall season's styles, and no matter what a shopper's tastes are we think we can find the ideal complement to live deliciously."
- Fashion Trend: Runways popped with variations of red, such as crimson, burgundy and wine. Whether donned from head-to-toe or used sparingly for dramatic flair, these luscious tones make a rich, elegant statement. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's full-bodied yet smooth Merlot displays supple tannins with flavors of red cherries that evolve into decadent levels of cocoa and espresso and a smooth finish. This rich, smooth and elegantly-textured wine is reminiscent of a chocolate cherry cupcake.
- Fashion Trend: Wide-brim wool felt hats with retro inspiration are refreshing touches to a wardrobe. According to fashion experts, we can expect to see a variety of colors and shapes to adorn a variety of ensembles. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's sparkling Prosecco offers a light and refreshing addition to the table, with fine effervescence and hints of white peach, grapefruit and honeydew melon. Creamy flavors of ripe lemons and refined citrus notes give way to a toasted brioche finish.
- Fashion Trend: Cool autumn days beg for cozy sweaters, and runways offered warm, soft, comfortable knits in a range of styles, shapes, colors and patterns. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon shows soft tannins, with primary fruit flavors of blackberry, dark cherry and cassis. Dark fruits melt with the tastes of cocoa and toasty oak and end with a long, smooth and silky finish. Ultimately, it's a rich, smooth and elegantly-textured wine.
- Fashion Trend: Supple, rich and buttery leather never goes out of style. This fashion darling is poised for a new season, with looks from simple and streamlined to intricate and textured. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's flavorful, medium-bodied Chianti is rich, ripe and inky. Concentrations of dried plum, blackberry and dark cherry notes lead to a smooth cocoa finish. A classical Chianti made in the traditional sense with focus on the fruit character and elegant firm, dry tannins make this wine a perennial favorite.
- Fashion Trend: Crisp autumn days are the perfect time of year to be ensconced in velvet. The fabric's softness gives way to rich tones for a bold statement. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's Red Velvet blend marries Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah. This blend makes a bold statement of its own with over-the-top aromas of chocolate, deep rich blackberries and red fruits that follow through to a creamy mocha finish with a hint of coconut.
- Fashion Trend: Designers are capturing the change in color that autumn brings and are zeroing in on all shades and manners of gold. Shimmering and glittering creations lend elegance to any occasion. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's big, rich Chardonnay captures golden color from sundrenched grapes of California's Central Coast. Full and elegantly textured, this rich, full, creamy, toasty, soft wine features decadent levels of butter, cream, bright citrus and vanilla.
- Fashion Trend: Gowns with high, draped necklines hint at sweetness and romance this fall. Soft, flowing fabrics drape and flatter figures in the season's top tints. Wine Pairing: Cupcake's Moscato d'Asti is a soft, luscious wine with a hint of effervescence to tickle the palate and balance the sweetness. Vibrant and expressive with dominant floral notes and hints of peach, tropical fruits and lychee, it's a bright wine with finesse.
About Cupcake Vineyards
Cupcake Vineyards, located in Livermore, Calif., introduced a fruit-forward, indulgent and eminently approachable portfolio of wines in 2008. The inaugural release of Chardonnay, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon has since grown to include an array of varietals from Central California as well as from other world-renowned wine-producing regions, including Marlborough, New Zealand; Mendoza, Argentina; Prosecco, Trentino and Asti, Italy; Barossa Valley, Australia; and Mosel Valley, Germany. Winemaker Adam Richardson and his team never rush the winemaking process, taking time to create the complex, rich and creamy wines that enable everyone to "Live Deliciously."