TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Oct. 11, 2012) - This Friday is the last day for early bird registration. Please go to https://www.verney.ca/cspc2012/registration/index.php to register now.
Conference highlights include:
The Opening address on Monday, November 5th by the Hon. Gary Goodyear, Minister of State (Science and Technology)
The Keynote discussion at 5:30 PM, moderated by the Hon. Jim Edwards:
Pulling Together: "What is the appropriate division of labour between business, government, and the academy in advancing science-based innovation in Canada?" a dialogue with the three Honourary Co-Chairs:
- The Hon. Preston Manning C.C., President & CEO, Manning Centre for Building Democracy
- Dr. Eric Newell, Chancellor Emeritus, University of Alberta, Former Chair and CEO, Syncrude Canada Ltd.
- M. Elizabeth Cannon, PhD, FCAE, FRSC, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Calgary
A luncheon address on Tuesday, November 6th by the Hon. Stephen Khan, Alberta Minister of Enterprise and Advanced Education
A Keynote speech on the morning of Wednesday, November 7th by Ian Gillespie, PhD, former Head - Science and Technology Policy Division Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
An impressive list of more than 90 speakers in 21 panel sessions will be on hand over 2 1/2 days to discuss the pressing issues of science policy today under four themes:
- Innovating on energy supply and demand for more sustainable resource management: a critical test for the integration of science, technology and policy
- Re-imagining Canadian Healthcare: How innovation in science and policy can contribute to a more sustainable system?
- Food, Fuel and Farmers: Agriculture at the convergence of multi-disciplinary science policy issues
For the complete agenda please go to http://www.cspc2012.ca/agenda.php.
Don't miss Canada's premiere science policy conference as it brings a spotlight to Western Canada science and innovation!
Follow us on Twitter @sciencepolicy, Facebook, and LinkedIn for the latest in science policy news and conference updates.
Register today at https://www.verney.ca/cspc2012/registration/index.php to benefit from the Early Bird rate (ends October 12, 2012).