MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 15, 2012) - Couchbase, the leader in NoSQL database technology, today announced that they will host a joint webinar on October 16 with William McKnight, President of McKnight Consulting Group and a popular author, speaker and instructor on information management trends and technology. The webinar, "NoSQL for SQL Professionals," will discuss non-relational databases and other emerging trends in data management, specifically in the context of the challenges facing database professionals today.
"With all of the buzz around Big Data and NoSQL database technology, it can be challenging to make sense of what actually matters for today's SQL professional," says William McKnight, founder and President of McKnight Consulting Group. "NoSQL has captured tremendous attention in recent years, and this webinar will provide the opportunity to learn more about how non-relational databases address data management requirements in the enterprise."
- Differences between traditional relational databases and distributed NoSQL technology
- The primary characteristics and advantages of NoSQL databases, with a focus on document-oriented technology
- Specific use cases for NoSQL technologies in the enterprise, with real-world examples from organizations in production today
"IT professionals are hungry for information about new data management technologies such as Big Data and NoSQL, especially as these technologies gain traction in the market," said Bob Wiederhold, Couchbase CEO. "We're excited to have the opportunity to sponsor this webinar and feature William McKnight, who excels in helping enterprise data professionals sort through the hype and more fully understand the bottom line with new technologies."
Additional Online Resources
- Register for NoSQL for SQL Professionals on October 16 at 10AM PDT
- Visit the Couchbase website to view other educational webinars
- Download Couchbase Server 2.0 Beta
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Like Couchbase on Facebook
Couchbase is the NoSQL database leader, with production deployments at AOL, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Orbitz, Salesforce.com, Zynga and hundreds of other household names worldwide. Couchbase Server is the simple, fast, elastic NoSQL database that delivers a more scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database technology. It is particularly well suited for web applications deployed on virtualized or cloud infrastructures. Couchbase is also the company behind the Couchbase open source project, and is funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com