SOURCE: Christopher Chung, M.D.
CORONA, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 5, 2012) - Dr. Christopher Chung recently published a blog post to his website discussing how to choose the right plastic surgeon for a patient's individual needs and goals. In How to Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon, he suggests that patients in the process of choosing a plastic surgeon thoroughly investigate the credentials of their prospective surgeons before making their decision.
The ethics-inspired post breaks down five important aspects to address when considering undergoing a cosmetic procedure, regardless of whether it's a surgical procedure such as breast augmentation, or a nonsurgical facial rejuvenation.
- Importance of Certification with The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- What Exactly Does a Plastic Surgeon Do?
- Playing Devil's Advocate: Finding the Right Plastic Surgeon
- What Constitutes the "Best" Doctor?
- Importance of Research and Consultations
When writing the blog post, the Corona plastic surgeon set out to inform patients about the ethics of plastic surgery and emphasize that partnering with a qualified plastic surgery practice is imperative in order to achieve the safest and most effective results. He adds that above all, board certification is essential because it ensures the surgeon has:
- Undergone a fully governed and accredited residency training specific to plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Passed both the written and oral examinations administered by The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Passed a recertification examination every ten years to maintain board certification (if applicable).
At his Corona plastic surgery practice, Renaissance Aesthetic Surgery, Dr. Chung has solely focused on cosmetic surgery for the last ten years. He welcomes patients to his practice to discuss his experience, training, and commitment to excellence in cosmetic surgery.
About Christopher Chung, MD
Dr. Christopher Chung is a board-certified plastic surgeon and earned his medical degree from the University of California, San Francisco. He has a special focus in cosmetic procedures, including laser-assisted liposuction, breast augmentation, tummy tuck surgery and mommy makeovers. Among Dr. Chung's numerous awards and distinctions are the United States Special Congressional Recognition, the California Legislature Assembly Certificate of Recognition, the State of California Certificate of Recognition, the County of Los Angeles Commendation and The Character and Ethics Project Award. He is available for interview upon request.