SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - Contour Inc., the company that makes it easy to capture and share the action with hands-free HD video cameras, apps and accessories, today hits select retail shelves with its new Contour+2.
Announced earlier this month, the Contour+2 is the most advanced, easy-to-use camera, that lets people shoot 1080p HD video; track speed, distance, and elevation; and makes it simple to share data-rich content across YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook.
"Contour's continued, innovative focus on the customer experience has helped align our camera's attributes with core customers in select retail environments," said Marc Barros, CEO of Contour. "We've reached a gratifying moment: we're now connected to the world's largest social networks and have products on the shelves at select, premium retailers. This is what we set out to do."
To help bring the highly anticipated Contour+2 to market faster and to make all Contour products easier to buy around the world, the company teamed up with PCH International. Its PCH Accelerator program gives start-ups the same skills, resources and processes currently used by the world's leading brands to rapidly and efficiently develop hardware product concepts to commercial readiness.
More consumers can now capture and share action moments with Contour's products, while experiencing the newly updated Contour Connect App and Storyteller Software, which include:
Contour Connect App Updates (iOS only)
- Remote Control Feature: Users can turn their smartphone into a remote control by pairing the Contour+2 with their mobile device. Contour's built-in Bluetooth technology allows users to start and stop recording from their phone while the camera is already mounted.
- Improved Bluetooth Connection: Users will notice improved stability between their smartphone and the camera's Bluetooth connection.
- Adjust Camera Settings: App users can adjust HD video resolution, lighting and audio sensitivity on-the-go, wherever they are.
Contour Storyteller Software Updates
- Easier Setup: First-time setup experience now includes camera registration, help with initial camera settings and automatic firmware check and update.
- Improved GPS Data Visualization and Playback: Hide or show map insets and charts showing speed, elevation and distance during video playback.
- Share Data with Friends: Users now have the option to share video with embedded data that shows location, speed, elevation and distance to the sites that matter to you -- Contour.com, YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. For more details, check out: http://contour.com/software/storyteller.
Pricing and Retail Availability: The Contour+2 is available for $399.99 online through Contour's website as well as premium and specialty retailers including Apple Stores (North America only), Apple.com, REI, B&H Photo Video and Pro-Audio, and EMS.
Seattle-based Contour Inc. makes it easy to capture and share life's moments through its rich ecosystem of hands-free cameras, data, mobile apps and accessories. Contour products are available at Apple Stores, Amazon.com; major sports retailers, including REI, Zumiez and EMS; photo specialty stores like B&H Photo, Video and Pro-Audio; and specialty retail stores in more than 40 countries. For more information, please visit www.contour.com.