WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, VT--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - Concepts NREC (CN), a world leader in turbomachinery design and development, providing engineering services, advanced CAE/CAM software, manufacturing services, and turbomachinery education programs, today announced the latest version of MAX-PAC™, its industry-leading CAM software for 5-axis flank and point milling of turbomachinery components. New features and enhancements in the MAX-PAC software will enable customers in a wide variety of industries, from automotive and aerospace to green energy and power generation, to reduce production time and costs for creating turbomachinery parts.
Tweet this: @ConceptsNREC #MAXPAC #CAM software reduces #turbomachinery parts production time and costs
"Today's economy is pushing everyone in the turbomachinery industry to look for ways to improve efficiency," said CN Senior Vice President of Software and Chief Engineer Dr. Colin Osborne. "We are constantly working to add new features and functionality into our software that speeds up processing time without sacrificing quality."
CN has incorporated feedback from its world-class customers and partners to further improve its CAM software, a key element of the Agile Engineering Design System®.
Improvements allow users to employ a variety of cutting strategies to create high-quality machined parts, including turbines, pumps, compressors, and fans in less time. New and enhanced features in this release include:
- a new circular entry motion option that makes the cutting tool's entrance to the material quieter and less impactful on the cutting edge by reducing the chip thickness to zero, which helps to prolong the life of cutting tools and bring further efficiencies into the machining process;
- new hub finish options that increase the speed of machining parts without sacrificing surface quality;
- the ability to utilize the preferred and faster method of flank milling non-ruled blades when ruled data are not available, while maintaining the high degree of accuracy for which MAX-PAC is well known;
- enhanced integration with VERICUT® software through direct transfer of tool holder geometry from MAX-PAC to VERICUT, eliminating the need for users to manually transfer data;
- expanded plunge milling options to maximize tool engagement time; and
- expanded capability for adjusting the programmed blade shape in order to compensate for measured deviations and produce more accurate parts.
About Concepts NREC
Concepts NREC is a leading worldwide organization providing turbomachinery design, engineering services, manufacturing, and CAE/CAM software, with a staff of over 100 professionals at its facilities in Wilder, VT, and Chelmsford, MA. For more than half a century, Concepts NREC has provided manufacturers, users, government agencies, and the engineering community with technology tools, services, and products that have met their needs, helped achieve their goals, and aided in development and production of some of the world's most advanced products. Concepts NREC is headquartered at 217 Billings Farm Road, White River Junction, VT, 05001-9486. Telephone: 802-296-2321. Facsimile: 802-296-2325. For more information, visit www.ConceptsNREC.com.
© 2012 Agile Engineering Design System is a registered trademark, and MAX-PAC is a trademark of Concepts ETI, Inc., in the United States and in other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.