WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, VT--(Marketwire - Jul 10, 2012) - Concepts NREC (CN), a world leader in turbomachinery design and development, providing engineering services, advanced CAE/CAM software, manufacturing services, and turbomachinery education programs, today announced the schedule of its turbomachinery education programs for the second half of 2012.
Tweet this: @ConceptsNREC #turbomachinery education programs: #engineering courses, #design software workshops and webinars July - December 2012
Concepts NREC Engineering Courses
CN is offering its world-class engineering courses focused on optimizing design and improving performance of axial and radial turbines, centrifugal pumps, turbochargers, and centrifugal compressors in the second half of 2012 starting in July at the company headquarters in White River Junction, VT:
- July 16-18 - Axial Turbines: Improving Performance and Optimizing Design - This course will provide both design and application engineers with an understanding of axial turbine design and performance.
- July 19-20 - Radial Turbines: Improving Performance and Optimizing Design - This course covers the characteristics, design, and performance of radial and mixed-flow turbines.
- August 20-24 - Centrifugal Pumps: Advances in Design, Performance, and Problem Solving - Students will gain or expand their understanding of the hydrodynamic behavior and structural integrity of centrifugal pumps in this course, including the basic phenomena occurring in inlets, impellers, diffusers, volutes, and return channels as well as the entire development and design process from 1D to 3D viscous methods.
- September 17-19 - Turbochargers: Advanced Integration and Designs for Internal Combustion Engines - This is the only course for industrial engineers providing a comprehensive presentation of the design principles of turbochargers, engine-turbocharger matching, and the performance of turbocharged engine systems.
- October 29-November 2 - Centrifugal Compressors: Improving Design for Better Performance and Cost - Students will gain or expand their understanding of the aerodynamic behavior and structural integrity of centrifugal compressors, including the basic phenomena occurring in inlets, impellers, diffusers, volutes, and return channels, as well as the entire development and design process from 1D to 3D viscous methods.
For more information about these courses, visit http://www.conceptsnrec.com/Education/Engineering-Courses.aspx.
Turbomachinery Design Software Workshops
CN also continues its popular series of design software workshops in the second half of 2012. These hands-on training sessions are being offered July 23-26, September 10-13, and November 12-15 at the company headquarters in White River Junction, VT. Current and prospective CN software users are invited to attend to obtain hands-on training in the latest versions of the Agile Engineering Design System® for axial and radial turbomachines. Workshops typically draw a diverse and active group of both experienced and new turbomachinery designers who want or need to be current in this versatile, powerful, state-of-the-art turbomachinery design and analysis software.
Concepts NREC Webinars
The company will also host a series of webinars starting in July:
- July 12 - GasTurb 12 - What's New? - GasTurb™ software is known the world over as a powerful and flexible gas turbine cycle program that simulates the most common types of aircraft and power generation gas turbines. In this webinar, Dr. Joachim Kurzke, the software's developer and a specialist/consultant/teacher in gas turbine performance, will give a brief overview of what the GasTurb software can be used for, how it works, and the latest improvements in the 2012 version of the software. To register, visit http://tinyrul.com/GasTurb12.
- July 26 - Advancing Sustainability in Turboshaft Engine Testing with VAROC® Dynamometer Products - This webinar will review the fundamental notion of dynamometers, identify various dynamometer technologies available to test high-speed rotating equipment, and touch upon some application challenges encountered in designing turboshaft engine test cells. VAROC dynamometer products will also be showcased, describing how they provide a sustainable, highly stable, and accurate solution for turboshaft gas turbine engine testing.
The CN webinar series will continue throughout the year. For the latest schedule of topics, visit http://www.conceptsnrec.com/News-And-Events/Events.aspx. All CN webinars are recorded and available online at any time by visiting CN Webinars On-Demand at http://www.conceptsnrec.com/Resources/Webinars-On-Demand.aspx.
Concepts NREC Turbomachinery Education Programs
CN develops comprehensive, timely educational programs for professional engineers, managers, marketers, sales professionals, and others in the turbomachinery industry who need to know about the latest design tools and capabilities, who want to improve or expand their product range, or who specify, install, use, or troubleshoot turbomachinery equipment. Courses, workshops, and technical publications by authors distinguished in their fields address a full range of technologies from basic fluid mechanics and thermodynamic principles to structural and vibration analysis, computational fluid dynamics, and advanced materials. Programs can also be customized to meet the specific needs of individual companies.
About Concepts NREC
Concepts NREC is a leading worldwide organization providing turbomachinery design, engineering services, manufacturing, and CAE/CAM software, with a staff of over 100 professionals at its facilities in Wilder, VT, and Chelmsford, MA. For more than half a century, Concepts NREC has provided manufacturers, users, government agencies, and the engineering community with technology tools, services, and products that have met their needs, helped achieve their goals, and aided in development and production of some of the world's most advanced products. Concepts NREC is headquartered at 217 Billings Farm Road, White River Junction, VT, 05001-9486. Telephone: 802-296-2321. Facsimile: 802-296-2325. For more information, visit www.ConceptsNREC.com.