MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Aug. 20, 2012) - Owning a caravan or motorhome allows users the freedom to travel when and wherever they like and venturing on to the continent is a favourite destination for the more adventurous traveller.
Apart from the obvious difference of driving on the 'wrong' side of the road 'vanners driving onto the continent will also encounter different driving regulations and customs.
With this in mind, Safeguard UK, a leading provider of motorhome and caravan insurance has prepared a country by country guide of the compulsory equipment that motorists are legally required to keep in their vehicle.
- France - warning triangle, breathalysers, reflective jacket
- Spain - warning triangle, spare tyre, reflective jacket
- Belgium - warning triangle, reflective jacket
- Bosnia Herzegovina - spare bulb, spare tyre
- Bulgaria - fire extinguisher, warning triangle, first aid kit
- Switzerland - warning triangle
- Austria - first aid kit, warning triangle, reflective jacket,
- Czech Republic - replacement bulbs and fuses, first aid kit
- Croatia - first aid kit, warning triangle, reflective jacket
- Greece - fire extinguisher, warning triangle, first aid kit
- Slovenia - warning triangle, reflective jacket, first aid kit
- Slovakia - warning triangle, first aid kit, reflective jacket
- Turkey - fire extinguisher, warning triangle, first aid kit
- Ukraine - fire extinguisher, warning triangle, first aid kit
It is also vital that 'vanners use head beam adaptors as the lights will cause dazzle when driven on the opposite side of the road for which they were designed for. Safeguard is also reminding 'vanners to ensure their motorhome and caravan insurance is up-to-date before heading onto the continent.
Andy Leech, head of Safeguard said, "Driving on the continent can be a real adventure but it is really important that 'vanners familiarise themselves with the motoring laws for the countries they intend to visit and carry all the compulsory equipment."
For more information please contact Mairead Rodden or Lucy Gordon at SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- Safeguard is the specialist Caravan and Motorhome division of Swinton Group Limited.
- Safeguard has over 25 years specialist insurance experience and was recently voted 'Insurer of the Year' by one of the most popular motorhome magazines
- With 553 branches nationwide Swinton is the largest high street insurance retailer
- Safeguard has an award winning website www.safeguarduk.co.uk