MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 13, 2012) - Today PlanPrescriber (www.planprescriber.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH), released a completely redesigned version of its web site that couples streamlined "senior friendly" navigation with simple new educational videos and articles designed to make Medicare insurance products easier to research, compare and understand.
"Medicare is increasingly becoming a multi-generational product as baby-boomers age into the program that their parents have been on for decades," said Ross Blair, Chief Executive Officer of PlanPrescriber.com. "We've done exhaustive research into the way people interact with our web site to create a user-experience that is optimized for people of all ages. We're very excited about the potential this new home page has to simplify the process of researching, comparing and enrolling in Medicare plans online."
The new PlanPrescriber web site is live and will be available to customers during the 2012/2013 Medicare AEP enrollment period, which will begin on October 15, 2012 and run through December 7, 2012. In most cases, Medicare beneficiaries who wish to make changes to their Medicare Advantage or Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) selections for the 2013 plan year will only be able to make these changes during the AEP.
The new PlanPrescriber web site has a "Medicare Information Center" that makes a number of new features available to people who want to use the Internet to research, compare, and shop for Medicare Part D prescription drug plans, Medicare Advantage plans, and Medicare Supplement Insurance plans.
The Medicare Information Center features three important content sections:
1. Medicare 101: The new "Medicare 101" section of PlanPrescriber's Medicare Information Center provides a series of consumer-friendly articles that cover the important benefits and features of Medicare, including: Medicare Part C; Eligibility & Enrollment; How to Switch Medicare Drug Plans; Medicare Advantage Costs; Does My Doctor Accept Medicare Advantage; Doctors and Medicare Advantage.
2. States: The new "States" section of PlanPrescriber's Medicare Information Center allows visitors to quickly and easily browse through different plans available to consumers in their home state.
3. Videos: The "Videos" section of PlanPrescriber's Medicare Information Center features seven videos that provide basic information about what Medicare is and how it works; the three types of private insurance products that are available to fill gaps in basic Medicare coverage; and tutorials that teach visitors how to use PlanPrescriber's decision support tools.
In addition to these new educational resources, PlanPrescriber has also updated its prescription drug plan comparison tools to include the following new features:
1. Simplified Medication Search: When Medicare beneficiaries want to research and compare drug plans based on the specific drugs they're taking, the PlanPrescriber plan comparison tool will only require them to enter the first three letters of their drug's name, and then allow them to choose from all available drug options. This reduces confusion and limits the risk of misspelling the name of a drug.
2. Simplified Drug Plan Deductible Tool: This new feature in the plan comparison tool makes it simple and easy for consumers to review the drug cost-sharing requirements of different plans and identify features like $0 deductibles or tiered deductibles.
3. Simplified Agent Access: When consumers have questions they can't find answers to on the PlanPrescriber web site, it will be easier for them to contact an agent through the new home page. Different pop-ups and reminders will appear during the decision-making process that will remind visitors of important steps they could be forgetting (like selecting an existing plan, or entering specific drugs the customer is taking) as well as where to turn for live US-based phone support when they want personal assistance.
PlanPrescriber (www.planprescriber.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of eHealth, Inc., is a leading provider of unbiased comparison tools and educational materials for Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans, and Medicare Supplement insurance products. Medicare beneficiaries can take advantage of PlanPrescriber's no cost online advisor tools by logging on to http://www.PlanPrescriber.com. PlanPrescriber is a tool designed to help Medicare beneficiaries find a Medicare plan that covers their specific medical and prescription drug needs at the lowest possible out-of-pocket cost.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) is the parent company of eHealthInsurance, the nation's leading online source of health insurance for individuals, families and small businesses. Through the company's web site, www.eHealthInsurance.com, consumers can get quotes from leading health insurance carriers, compare plans side-by-side, and apply for and purchase health insurance. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 180 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, making it the ideal model of a successful, high-functioning health insurance exchange. Through the company's eHealthTechnology solution (www.eHealthTechnology.com), eHealth is also a leading provider of health insurance exchange technology. eHealthTechnology's exchange platform provides a suite of hosted e-commerce solutions that enable health plan providers, resellers and government entities to market and distribute products online. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help seniors navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through its wholly-owned subsidiary, PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and through its Medicare web site www.eHealthMedicare.com.
For more health insurance news and information, visit the eHealthInsurance consumer blog: Get Smart - Get Covered.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.