WALTHAM, MA--(Marketwire - Jun 28, 2012) - NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) today announced that it was named the 2012 #25 Best Place to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal in the category of Midsized Companies. This marks the second consecutive year that NetApp has ranked in the top 25, after earning the #14 spot in 2011. NetApp is honored to receive this recognition because it provides further validation that NetApp's customers, partners, and employees are inspired by a company with a strong set of values at the core of its culture.
The "Best Places to Work in Massachusetts" list honors companies that have created a positive work environment that attracts and retains employees; employees respond to a survey in the areas of employee satisfaction, work environment, and company culture. NetApp's commitment to pushing the boundaries of what's possible for customers, partners, and employees puts NetApp employees at the heart of its unique company culture. With a diverse workforce that continually collaborates to redefine how to improve customer business success, NetApp has established a reputation for product leadership, innovation, and commitment to customer success.
NetApp Culture Empowers Great Results
- NetApp was selected from a list of over 400 companies that qualified for consideration based on a two-stage nomination process and the results of employee-satisfaction surveys.
- Companies featured on the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work in Massachusetts 2012" list were evaluated on the results of more than 18,000 employee-satisfaction surveys. Employees answered questions about their pride in the company, company encouragement, support and recognition of achievement, and relationships with coworkers and supervisors, among others.
- This ranking in Massachusetts follows NetApp's #6 ranking in the United States on FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 2012 and its #3 ranking on the "World's Best Multinational Workplaces" list by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- Global recognition as a best place to work positions NetApp as a desirable employer around the world, and therefore NetApp is able to attract and retain the best people to deliver on our promise to our customers. NetApp now ranks among the top 10 best places to work in 18 different regions around the globe, including:
- Austria: #1
- Research Triangle Park, North Carolina: #1
- Japan: #2
- France: #2
- Germany: #2
- United Kingdom: #5
- Switzerland: #1
- Australia: #3
- Canada: #3
- Minnesota: #4
- Chicago: #4
- Washington, D.C.: #5
- Pennsylvania: #5
- New York: #6
- Europe: #6
- Netherlands: #8
- India: #10
- The NetApp facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, first opened in 2000 and is a technology center focused on research and development and sales.
- Maria Maggio, senior director of Engineering, NetApp
"Being selected by the Boston Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Massachusetts is an exciting validation of our belief that inspired employees do the extraordinary, and the team here in Waltham is a great example of that. We've worked hard to build a culture that fully encompasses trust, integrity, adaptability, and teamwork. As a result, we have found that customers and partners enjoy doing business with a company whose employees are dedicated to overall business success."
Discuss this news in NetApp Communities, where you can exchange thoughts and ideas on a variety of topics with NetApp community members. Collaborate with our company, engage in conversation with NetApp leaders and employees, and participate in our passion to go further, faster. Join now at www.netapp.com/us/communities.
About the Boston Business Journal
The Boston Business Journal is Greater Boston's leading source of business news, information and events, reaching readers through the weekly print publication, the website bostonbusinessjournal.com and e-mail products. The BBJ also prints the annual Book of Lists -- the region's top resource for business decision-makers seeking information about potential clients, suppliers and partners. The Boston Business Journal is published by American City Business Journals, the nation's largest publisher of metropolitan business news.
NetApp creates innovative storage and data management solutions that deliver outstanding cost efficiency and accelerate business breakthroughs. Our commitment to living our core values and consistently being recognized as a great place to work around the world are fundamental to our long-term growth and success, as well as the success of our pathway partners and customers. Discover our passion for helping companies around the world go further, faster at www.netapp.com.
NetApp, the NetApp logo, and Go further, faster are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetApp, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.