SOURCE: EnerGov Solutions
DULUTH, GA--(Marketwire - Aug 2, 2012) - After a rigorous evaluation process Colorado Springs, CO has selected EnerGov Solutions, the industry's leading provider of government software solutions, to provide support to the City's growing number of land use and economic development initiatives. With 428,000 residents Colorado Springs is the second most populous municipality in the state and one of the largest cities in the country. The City is focused on advancing its online service offerings for businesses and residents in an effort to improve internal and external efficiencies while advancing the economic vitality of the region.
The city will deploy EnerGov 9, a web-based enterprise platform that will function as the central hub for an expansive array of processes managed by the City and the region. The EnerGov system will consolidate and manage the growing number of complex land development, permitting, licensing and citizen interfacing processes. The system will be used by multiple departments including Planning & Development, Engineering, Real Estate, Public Works, Police Code Enforcement, Fire, and the City Clerk's office to support critical processes that can no longer be adequately supported by the city's legacy systems and multiple aging databases.
"The streamlined processes enabled by the EnerGov software will allow the City to further expedite project and permitting reviews," says City Planning & Development Manager Dick Anderwald. "We also see EnerGov as an exciting way to expand the connection between our citizens and their City government. Together, these contribute to the City's focus on economic vitality and of becoming the most business and citizen friendly city in the country."
The new enterprise platform with centralized workflow management and superior configurability will streamline and automate even the most complex "location-based" business processes. Users across the region from geographically disparate locations will be able to access one centralized database -- eliminating data silos and extending enhanced citizen-centric services.
"We're proud to have Colorado Springs join the growing EnerGov family," said Chuck Newberry, EnerGov VP and Regional Manager. "The City's commitment to building and maintaining a livable and thriving community is well-known, and we look forward to supporting the city to that end."
Colorado Springs joins a number of leading agencies that have recently adopted the EnerGov platform including Richmond, VA, Prince William County, VA, Sioux Falls, SD, Cedar Rapids, IA, and the British Columbia Safety Authority. Over the past five years, more agencies have chosen EnerGov than any other software provider in the industry. Mr. Anderwald noted, "EnerGov's client centric approach to services and innovative approach to technology development made EnerGov the "best in class" selection as a platform technology partner to the City." EnerGov is a true government business process management platform offering comprehensive benefits including:
- Paperless Reviews: EnerGov's eReviews enables an interactive and paperless review process that will empower multiple parties to collaborate in real-time and approve plans and projects more efficiently providing a seamless integration into the enterprise permitting and land management workflow.
- Cloud-Capable: Government agencies have the flexibility of running EnerGov in the cloud or on-premise. EnerGov 365 for Government provides EnerGov's industry leading application platform as a service.
- Citizen-Centric: Constituents will benefit with extended online services that will allow them to apply and pay for permits and licenses online and manage inspections and requests.
- Enterprise Efficient: EnerGov utilizes a government efficient 4-tiered architecture and a centralized database, allowing information to flow effortlessly across departments and processes. Powerful enterprise workflow and robust and flexible configuration assists in enabling EnerGov as true enterprise platform.
- Award Winning GIS: Awarded as Esri's Worldwide Partner of the Year and Esri's 2012 Mobile Technology Provider of the Year, EnerGov allows for maximum GIS leveragability.
- Mobilized Workforce: Leverage the power of mobile and the iPad with iG Workforce -- the industry's first government platform for the next generation of mobility.
- An Innovative Partner: EnerGov is a leading and global provider of innovative Permitting & Land Management, Licensing and Asset Management Software solutions designed specifically for government agencies. EnerGov is committed to providing the most Innovative government-focused solutions in the industry.
The contract includes a 3 year term agreement which will allow for the procurement of professional services and operational software licensing costs.
About Colorado Springs, CO
Located along Colorado's Front Range, Colorado Springs is listed as one of the "Best Big Cities to Live" by Money magazine. With an estimated 428,277 people in 2012, the City covers 195 square miles, making it one of the largest continental U.S. cities in land area. Colorado Springs is an attractive and thriving city in which to live and work. The City has a strong, diverse economic base that includes software, telecommunications, defense contractors and semiconductor companies. Home to the U.S. Air Force Academy and the U.S. Olympic Headquarters, Colorado Springs is also a major tourist destination. To learn more about Colorado Springs, visit http://www.springsgov.com/.
EnerGov Solutions is a leading and global provider of innovative Permitting & Land Management, Licensing, Asset Management and Citizen Relationship Software solutions designed specifically for government agencies. EnerGov provides government connected software solutions that empower agencies to become more efficient, transparent and to provide superior constituent services. Information about EnerGov's products and services can be found at www.energov.com.