SAN JOSE, CA and CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - Oct 10, 2012) - IAPP Privacy Academy 2012 -- Co3 Systems, a pioneer in Data Loss Management software, today announced at the IAPP Privacy Academy an update to Co3 Systems' SaaS-based solution that enhances customer ability to respond more efficiently and effectively to breach events, and address a broader range of regulatory requirements across the U.S., and now in Canada.
News of data loss events around the world continue to mount. With new warnings of U.S. banks facing increased attacks, and the recent revelation of one of Canada's largest breaches to date, the updates and enhancements come at an important time. The major improvements include:
- Comprehensive New Regulatory Coverage:
- Canada: adds Personal Health Information Protection Act (Ontario), Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act (New Brunswick), Personal Health Information Act (Newfoundland and Labrador), and the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta).
- United States: adds Federal Bank Secrecy Act, Fannie Mae Data Breach and Incident Response Policy, State of Virginia Law on Patient Health Records/Privacy, and the State of Texas Health and Safety Code.
- Enhanced Product Capabilities:
- Ad Hoc, Custom Tasks: enables tasks not required by regulation to be applied to events or incidents. This allows firms to augment response plans beyond the current best practice tasks and regulatory-required tasks, thereby fine-tuning response to the organization's specific needs. If desired, custom tasks can be automatically applied to all events or incidents to ensure compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Privacy Legal Library: allows direct access to the full Co3 library of regulatory content (All states, D.C., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada) and resource links for advance research of all applicable regulations.
"We created Co3 based on real world experience and proven best practices of organizations that have faced reportable breaches," said Allen Rogers, Vice President of Engineering at Co3 Systems. "But as with organizational dynamics and the regulatory environment, change is constant, and new lessons are learned. The beauty of our SaaS-based platform is that we can respond quickly to customer feedback and deliver the new features they want as we've done with this release. Furthermore, all customers benefit immediately, whether it's the addition of Canadian regulations, access to the regulation library, or the ability to add customer tasks. Collectively, these features allow customers to worry less about tracking and mapping regulations, and instead focus their efforts on fine-tuning response and other value-added activities."
About the Co3 Innovation
Co3 Systems' award-winning innovation offers an automated, easy-to-use way to understand the breadth and depth of regulations and laws that pertain to customer data. It also allows for the creation and testing of incident response plans that can be rapidly and repeatedly deployed in the event of a data loss situation. The platform provides organizations the most up-to-date information regarding current and pending legislation with extensive links to source legislation, disclosure letter templates, contact information and policies -- all easily accessible at every step of the process. Co3 Systems also maintains a network of leading lawyers and other practitioners in the field to routinely share updates, interpretations, and best practices.
About Co3 Systems
Headquartered in Cambridge, MA, Co3 Systems is an innovator in Data Loss Management solutions. The company's SaaS-based offering enables organizations of all sizes to efficiently prepare for and rapidly manage data loss events. Companies using Co3 demonstrably minimize the costs resulting from data loss incidents. With funding from Fairhaven Capital, the company's executive team and advisors comprise security experts from world-leading security, software and service organizations. On the web at www.co3sys.com.