SOURCE: CipherCloud, Inc.
SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 17, 2012) - CipherCloud, the leader in cloud encryption, today unveiled CipherCloud for Office 365 to eliminate the data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance barriers that have hindered cloud adoption in businesses and government. CipherCloud for Office 365 is a cloud encryption gateway that transparently encrypts all email message, calendar, and contact data stored in Microsoft's cloud-based Exchange Online and third-party Hosted Exchange. This provides enterprises complete control over their messaging data and prevents cloud service providers and cybercriminals from gaining access to organizations' valuable information.
Unlike other email encryption technologies, CipherCloud encrypts data-at-rest, data-in-transit, and data-in-use in real-time, organizations retain control over their encryption keys, and all Office 365 functionality is preserved, including search capabilities. Users enjoy a completely seamless experience across desktops and mobile devices including Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Windows Phone devices. CipherCloud for Office 365 is the latest addition to the CipherCloud Platform, which secures multiple cloud applications including Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Gmail, and Amazon AWS.
Compared to on-premise Exchange deployment, Office 365 can save enterprises over $200 per user each year. However, data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance concerns are significant barriers to adopting cloud services. Failure to comply with regulations such as GLBA, PCI DSS, ITAR, HIPAA, HITECH, EU Data Protection, PIPEDA, and FISMA can cost organizations millions of dollars in fines and destroy organizations' brands. For example, the State of Alaska was fined over $1.7M for a single data security breach under HITECH healthcare regulation. Cloud service providers may also move data outside of a country or region's legal jurisdiction and be required to disclose organizations' data without notice under laws such as the US Patriot Act. Encryption is recognized by industry and regulators as an effective means to stop data breaches and satisfy compliance requirements. CipherCloud uses standards based, strong AES-256 encryption to secure email, calendar, and contact data stored in Exchange Online and Hosted Exchange.
According to Lawrence Pingree, research director, Gartner, "Data security and privacy concerns are holding back many companies from moving to cloud-based email solutions. For these companies, deploying encryption gateways can alleviate those concerns and eliminate a key roadblock to widespread cloud adoption."
"Many of our enterprise customers are unable to move from on-premise email to Office 365 because of data privacy, residency, security and regulatory compliance concerns. By giving enterprises complete control over encryption and key management, CipherCloud provides our customers the confidence they need to move to the cloud," said Ali Hosseini, CEO of NSI technology, a Microsoft Gold Certified partner.
"CipherCloud's revolutionary cloud encryption platform breaks the barriers to adopt yet another cloud with the release of CipherCloud for Office 365. Our customers in financial services, healthcare, public sector, and other large enterprises have given resoundingly positive feedback and eagerly awaited this product release. Enterprises gain not only the costs savings, scalability, and productivity benefits of the cloud, but also the simplicity and lower total cost of ownership of a single cloud encryption platform to secure all their cloud applications," said CipherCloud founder and CEO, Pravin Kothari. "CipherCloud is reshaping how enterprises view the cloud and accelerating secure cloud adoption."
Key benefits of CipherCloud for Office 365:
- Remove Data Security, Residency, Privacy, and Compliance Barriers: Cloud encryption secures sensitive data-at-rest stored in Microsoft's cloud and preserves searching, archival, and e-discovery capabilities so that enterprises can safely achieve the tremendous $200 per user, per year, cost savings by adopting Office 365.
- Preserve Enterprise Control Over Cloud Data: Secure key management, with keys owned by the enterprise, and standard AES-256 encryption ensure organizations retain control over messaging and collaboration data stored in Microsoft's cloud.
- Deliver a Fully Functional Office 365 Experience: Unlike previous approaches to email encryption, users enjoy native functionality like search for email, calendar, and contacts with CipherCloud's encryption gateway technology.
- Enable BYOD and Mobile Productivity: Transparent encryption through the CipherCloud gateway allows enterprises to provide broad access to Office 365 across Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Windows Phone devices.
- Reduce the Cost of Securing Enterprise Clouds: The CipherCloud Platform provides a single cloud encryption platform for securing public and private clouds that Gartner forecasts will be used by 25 percent of enterprises in 2016, reducing the cost of securing the cloud by 30 percent.
To learn more about CipherCloud for Office 365 and see an online demo, visit www.ciphercloud.com.
CipherCloud is the market-leading provider of cloud encryption and tokenization gateways that enable enterprises to securely adopt cloud applications by eliminating concerns about data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance. CipherCloud's operations-preserving encryption and tokenization technology secures sensitive information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, without impacting usability or performance, or requiring any change to the application. The CipherCloud Platform secures multiple cloud applications including Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Gmail, Office 365, and Amazon AWS. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, CipherCloud is backed by premier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.