SOURCE: CipherCloud, Inc.
LONDON and SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - May 22, 2012) - CipherCloud, the leading provider of cloud information protection gateways for cloud applications and platforms, today unveiled CipherCloud for Chatter, the industry's first cloud information protection solution for enterprise social networking that addresses concerns about data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance requirements. The new solution, announced at Cloudforce London, also provides critical security capabilities without any impact on application performance or the end user experience, and requires no changes to cloud applications.
CipherCloud for Chatter will help accelerate the adoption of social business applications, particularly among enterprises that handle sensitive data such as PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and PHI (Personal Health Information), and are subject to regulatory requirements such as GLBA, FISMA, ITAR, PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, EU Data Protection Directives, NPP, and PIPEDA.
"Enterprise social networks are a treasure trove of sensitive information. Employees can regularly share information on pending deals, internal company financials, intellectual property and even plans for future products or salary info," said Lawrence Pingree, Research Director, Gartner. "Organizations should provide the same level of protection for information in enterprise social networks as they do with their other critical business systems. The ramifications of a breach can be catastrophic."
CipherCloud for Chatter encrypts sensitive information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, using format and operations-preserving encryption that retains all the features and functions of Chatter such as # tags, @ mentions, as well as indexing, searching, and reporting. CipherCloud enables secure access to Chatter from anywhere, including browsers, desktop applications, and mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad.
"Enterprise social networking applications like Chatter are changing the way business is done. Employees are sharing information at lightning speed. This has accelerated business, but has raised new concerns about protection of sensitive information flowing in and out of the cloud via free form text fields and file attachments," said CipherCloud founder and CEO Pravin Kothari. "We are excited about how our new solution will make enterprise social networking a reality for enterprises where IT security and corporate governance policies had previously kept these cloud applications out of reach."
The CipherCloud solution is the industry's first and only cloud information protection solution certified as FIPS 197 compliant, so all of an organization's Chatter information is protected using best in class encryption and key management. Organizations can deploy CipherCloud for Chatter to retain complete control over their sensitive information in the cloud while satisfying their data privacy, residency, and compliance requirements.
"Enterprise social networking applications are often the 'wild west of collaboration' since virtually everything about a business is communicated using them and it's impossible to predict what information might be posted, by whom, and at what time, said Varun Badhwar, vice president, product strategy & business development. "The CipherCloud solution is unique in its ability to protect all sensitive data in real time without impacting usability. It's an important part of a sound cloud information governance strategy."
Key Features and Benefits of CipherCloud for Chatter
- Strong Encryption: FIPS-compliant CipherCloud for Chatter encrypts information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, while retaining all the features and functions of Chatter such as # tags, @ mentions, as well as indexing, searching and reporting.
- Key Management: Capabilities include key creation, rotation, and archival. Enterprises retain the encryption keys for complete control over their information in the cloud. Keys are not shared with providers, so even they cannot access your information.
- Granular Configuration Options: An advanced administration console allows enterprises to configure the solution on a field-by-field basis. Organizations can choose to encrypt status updates, group names, group description, status updates, and file uploads. This makes deployment fast and easy, yet customized for each organization's business needs.
- Near-zero Latency: Due to its stateless architecture, CipherCloud for Chatter provides high-performance and scalability. CipherCloud solution is easily scaled to support tens of thousands of users across multi-national, distributed environments.
- Cloud Malware Detection: CipherCloud for Chatter can identify and block malware infected files from being uploaded or downloaded by employees, customers, and partners.
- Cloud Audit: The CipherCloud solution provides centralized read and write access logs that can be integrated into a syslog server or a SIEM solution such as ArcSight as part of a comprehensive IT governance program for regulatory compliance and forensics needs.
- Support for Mobile: CipherCloud for Chatter works seamlessly across all Chatter clients, including browsers, Chatter Desktop, and mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
"CipherCloud for Chatter takes a revolutionary approach to addressing the new compliance and security concerns of both public sector and private sector organizations brought about by enterprise social applications," said Saurabh Verma, Senior Director CRM Practice, Acumen Solutions, an international leader in cloud computing, mobile, and enterprise consulting. "With each new solution, CipherCloud is systematically eliminating the barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of the cloud in enterprises."
To learn more about CipherCloud for Chatter, visit http://www.ciphercloud.com/products/ciphercloud-for-chatter.aspx and https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000008aX6QEAU.
CipherCloud is the market-leading provider of cloud information protection gateways that enable enterprises to securely adopt cloud applications and platforms by eliminating concerns about data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance. CipherCloud's operations-preserving encryption and tokenization technology secures sensitive information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, without impacting usability or performance, or requiring any change to the application. CipherCloud has been recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor in Cloud Security in 2011. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, CipherCloud is backed by premier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.