SOURCE: CIB Marine Bancshares, Inc.
WAUKESHA, WI--(Marketwire - Mar 7, 2013) - CIB Marine Bancshares, Inc. (OTCQB: CIBH) is pleased to report earnings of $1.4 million for the year ended December 31, 2012. Financial highlights for 2012 include:
- Earnings from operations for the year 2012 were $1.4 million compared to a net loss of $5.4 million for the year 2011. Improvements were primarily the result of a reversal of provisions for loan losses.
- Earnings per share of common stock was $0.08 for the year ending December 31, 2012, compared to losses per share of $0.30 for the year ending December 31, 2011.
- Provisions for loan losses for the year 2012 were a reversal of $3.2 million compared to provisions of $6.4 million for the year 2011. The 2012 reversal of provisions was primarily the result of recoveries of prior charged-off loans.
- Net interest income declined by $2.0 million from $20.2 million during the year 2011 to $18.2 million during the year 2012. The decline was primarily the result of a decline in earning assets.
- Noninterest expense for the year 2012 was $20.7 million compared to $21.7 million during the same period of 2011. Declines were the result of reduced write downs and losses on assets and ongoing efforts to reduce expenses.
- The book value per share of common stock was $0.42 at December 31, 2012, compared to $0.23 at December 31, 2011.
- The Tier 1 leverage ratio for CIB Marine improved to 14.39% at December 31, 2012, from 13.15% at December 31, 2011.
- The Nonperforming asset ratio, or the sum of nonperforming assets, restructured loans and loans 90 days or more past due and still accruing as a ratio of total assets, declined from 7.42% at December 31, 2011, to 5.93% at December 31, 2012.
CIB Marine Bancshares, Inc. is the holding company for CIBM Bank, which operates 12 banking offices in Central Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana. More information on the company is available at www.cibmarine.com, including, but not limited to, recent shareholder letters and regulatory financial reports (vis-à-vis a web link).
CIB Marine has made statements in this earnings release that constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. CIB Marine intends these forward-looking statements to be subject to the safe harbor created thereby and is including this statement to avail itself of the safe harbor. Forward-looking statements are identified generally by statements containing words and phrases such as "may," "project," "are confident," "should be," "intend," "predict," "believe," "plan," "expect," "estimate," "anticipate" and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements reflect CIB Marine's current views with respect to future events and financial performance that are subject to many uncertainties and factors relating to CIB Marine's operations and the business environment, which could change at any time.
There are inherent difficulties in predicting factors that may affect the accuracy of forward-looking statements.
Stockholders should note that many factors, some of which are discussed elsewhere in this Earnings Release and in the documents that are incorporated by reference, could affect the future financial results of CIB Marine and could cause those results to differ materially from those expressed in forward-looking statements contained or incorporated by reference in this document. These factors, many of which are beyond CIB Marine's control, include but are not limited to:
- operating, legal, and regulatory risks;
- economic, political, and competitive forces affecting CIB Marine's banking business;
- the impact on net interest income and securities values from changes in monetary policy and general economic and political conditions; and
- the risk that CIB Marine's analyses of these risks and forces could be incorrect and/or that the strategies developed to address them could be unsuccessful.
These factors should be considered in evaluating the forward-looking statements, and undue reliance should not be placed on such statements. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made. CIB Marine undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Forward-looking statements are subject to significant risks and uncertainties and CIB Marine's actual results may differ materially from the results discussed in forward-looking statements.