NASHVILLE, TN--(Marketwire - Oct 1, 2012) - Chem-Dry, the world's leading carpet cleaning company, is reaching out to potential franchise owners in key target markets underserved by the massive franchise system.
Chem-Dry -- with nearly 4,200 units worldwide and 2,300 domestic locations -- has concentrated this year on expanding its system east of the Rockies. The Utah-based company has a strong Western presence but opened a regional headquarters in Nashville this summer to help bolster its system in the East.
Now, recent market data from the worldwide business information firm Dun & Bradstreet shows specific markets in the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast with the most potential for Chem-Dry franchise growth.
"The market data show where we should concentrate our efforts to take advantage of these great opportunities," said Dan Tarantin, CEO of Harris Research Inc., Chem-Dry's parent company.
Two metropolitan areas have only two Chem-Dry franchise owners each:
- Columbus, Ohio. Population: 1.9 million. Market size: $22 million.
- Oklahoma City, Ok. Population: 1.3 million. Market size: $5.1 million.
Two areas have one each:
- Baton Rouge, La. Population: 808,000. Market size: $4 million.
- Jackson, Miss. Population: 545,000. Market size: $5 million.
The remaining markets have no Chem-Dry locations:
- Providence, R.I. Population: 1.6 million. Market size: $12 million.
- Springfield, Mass. Population: 693,000. Market size: $5 million.
- Corpus Christi, Texas. Population: 431,000. Market size: $4 million.
- Huntsville, Ala. Population: 425,000. Market size: $5 million.
- Kalamazoo, Mich. Population: 328,000. Market size: $4 million.
"The growth opportunities in these communities are tremendous," said Bill Knight, Chem-Dry's vice president of franchise development. "Chem-Dry, with its low investment and operating costs and high scalability, works well in a big, medium-sized or small city. All a Chem-Dry franchise owner needs is the opportunity to grow."
Founded in 1977 and based in Nashville, Tenn., Chem-Dry is the nation's leading cleaner of carpet and other household and office surfaces. It uses a patented method of hot carbonated water extraction that makes surfaces drier, cleaner and healthier, and its highly ranked franchise system, which consists of more than 3,500 units, extends worldwide. For more information, see www.chemdry.com.