SOURCE: Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division
IRVINE, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 7, 2012) - Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba) -- www.telecom.toshiba.com, has helped Chelsea Piers connect the employees and customers of its 28-acre entertainment complex with Toshiba's Strata® CIX™ IP business telephone system. Opened in 1995, Chelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment Complex is a 28-acre sports village built on four historic Hudson River piers. It features a variety of sports facilities, including rock climbing walls, batting cages, ice rinks, a golf driving range, a gymnastics center, a bowling facility, indoor turf playing fields and basketball courts, a 150,000-square-foot health club, pro shops, TV production studios, marina, restaurants and more.
Stuart Sheinbaum, vice president and director of Communications for Chelsea Piers, identified the need for a business telephone system that would:
- Standardize on a single business telephone system to handle the entire 28-acre facility;
- Improve communication with direct-extension dialing, intercom, and paging across the entire facility;
- Handle 20,000 average monthly incoming calls;
- Provide unified communications for their sales team, including caller ID, call history, and screen pops integrated with salesforce.com® and the health club database;
- Utilize fiber networking to connect all five locations;
- Provide emergency support with battery backup and alarms;
- Facilitate remote centralized management for adds, moves and changes;
- Report trunk and port usage and track incoming/outgoing call volume;
- Enable growth over time; and
- Provide an immediate return on investment and ongoing cost savings.
Chelsea Piers turned to Tele-Dynamics Voice & Data of New York City. Tele-Dynamics has been an Authorized Toshiba Dealer for nearly 30 years. Jerry Pullman, vice president of Operations, and Robert Pullman, CEO, recommended Toshiba's Strata CIX IP business telephone system to meet Chelsea Piers' needs. Chelsea Piers has been a Tele-Dynamics and Toshiba customer since 1993.
Solution: Toshiba's Strata CIX Exceeds Chelsea Piers' Goals
Installed by Tele-Dynamics Voice & Data, Chelsea Piers' Toshiba business telephone system consists of:
- A Strata CIX1200 business telephone system, which provides telephone capabilities for five locations covering 28 acres, including offices, sports facilities, restaurants and more;
- More than 350 Toshiba telephones on site;
- Strata Media Application Server (MAS);
- Call Manager for unified communications, plus screen pops integrated with salesforce.com for the sales team; and
- Network eManager® for centralized remote management of all systems.
Result #1: Single Telephone System for 28-Acre Facility
In choosing Toshiba's Strata CIX1200, Chelsea Piers now has a single business telephone system for its five locations across 28 acres, all connected via fiber networking. All five locations share a centralized voice mail system and low cost T-1 service as well as easy extension dialing throughout all locations.
Result #2: Improved Internal and External Communications
With the Strata CIX1200, Chelsea Piers improved internal and external communications with four-digit dialing, intercom and paging services across the entire 28-acre facility. In addition, incoming calls can be routed to a live operator, so no call ever goes unanswered during business hours.
Result #3: Centralized Remote Administration for More Control
Using Toshiba's Network eManager remote administration tool, Chelsea Piers' IT team members can now remotely manage the entire telephone system from their laptop or desktop computers. They can easily make adds, moves and programming changes remotely for all five venues.
Bottom Line: Chelsea Piers Saves Time, Money and Gains Efficiencies With Toshiba Strata CIX
Toshiba's Strata CIX1200 IP business telephone system has met Chelsea Piers' communications objectives, including:
- Standardizing all locations within the 28-acre facility on a single business telephone system;
- Enabling four-digit dialing, intercom and paging across all locations;
- Re-using existing fiber network for significant cost savings;
- Reducing costs for service calls by enabling remote centralized administration of the system;
- Protecting their original investment by migrating from an older Toshiba Legacy digital system to the new IP-converged Strata CIX, which allowed the re-use of telephone handsets and interface units, delivering a significant cost savings;
- Eliminating costly Centrex lines, saving more than $50,000 annually; and
- Providing an immediate return of investment as well as $26,000 in yearly savings.
"Together, Toshiba and Tele-Dynamics delivered on our top three goals: standardization on an affordable, reliable platform; reduced business telephone costs; and the ability to self-administrate. It's a winning combination," said Sheinbaum.
For an Authorized Toshiba Dealer, visit: www.telecom.toshiba.com
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.