SOURCE: The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
KAPALUA, HI--(Marketwire - Dec 5, 2012) - The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua ohana (family) invites guests to share this holiday season with the spirit of aloha. The Maui resort has orchestrated a wide array of celebratory events for the young and the young at heart. From festive celebrations to family-friendly activities to unique gourmet experiences, create memories at the luxury Hawaii resort that will last a lifetime.
The luxury beach resort's youngest guests will enjoy Teddy Bear Tea Time on December 22 which includes tea presentations, cookie decorating, storytelling and special cameos by Frosty the Snowman, Chris the Christmas Bear and of course, Santa Claus. While staying at the family beach resort in Maui, be sure to stop by Jean Michel-Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment program and partake in one of the many events from holiday crafts, story time, family-friendly movies, game room and a special New Year's Eve countdown for children. Indulge in memorable holiday dining at each of the luxury resort's six Kapalua restaurants and lounges featuring an array of delicacies and specialty menus and cocktails. Each experience will be highlighted with festive entertainment including Hawaiian soloists, hula dancers or jazz duos.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Monday, December 24 and Tuesday, December 25
- Sweets & Treats Dessert with decadent desserts and signature eggnog cocktails; December 24, 9 to 11pm
- Bountiful four-course Holiday menu and limited a la carte options at the signature, oceanfront Maui restaurant, The Banyan Tree; December 24 and 25, 5:30 to 9:30pm
- Christmas Eve Mauka Makai (Surf and Turf) pre-fixed three-course menu; December 24, 5:30 to 9:30pm
- Mix It Up "Mighty Mai Tais" with one-of-a-kind Mai Tai tastings and Hawaiian inspired pupus; December 25, 3 to 5pm
- "Dom Pérignon" Christmas Day feast with lavish holiday buffet and Dom Pérignon Champagne; December 25, 3 to 8pm
If you are looking to ring in the New Year in style, the Maui beach hotel has several celebrations to set the stage for a New Year's Eve to remember:
New Year's Festivities
December 26 - December 31
- Sip, Savor & Roll, pairing premium Sake with one-of-a-kind specialty Sushi rolls; December 26, 6 to 8pm
- Reel Rosé Sunset Prelude - waterfront dining in Maui with sumptuous seafood and wine pairings; December 28, 5 to 7pm
- "Wish on a Wave" Tiki Hour with live music, pupus, Rum cocktails and sangria; December 29, 3 to 5pm
- New Year's Eve Chef's Interactive Pa'ina (Party) - island-inspired tapas at interactive chef stations plus fresh flower lei greeting and more; December 31, 5:30 to 10pm
- New Year's Eve Dinner at The Banyan Tree - sophisticated fare with four-course menu and live entertainment by Raw Silk; December 31, 5:30pm to close
- New Year's Eve Countdown Celebration for Children - special ways to ring in the New Year geared to children of all ages including a Make-Your-Own Pizza party and early countdown for children 5 - 8 to a guided night hike, karaoke, sparkling cider and more for those 9 and older; December 31, 6pm to 1am
- New Year's Eve Celebration - complimentary entertainment featuring a Hawaiian duo and hula dancer followed by Maui's favorite six-piece island rock band, Sugah Daddy; December 31, 4pm to 2am
If relaxation is your ultimate goal this season, stop by the Maui resort's luxurious Waihua Spa for a Festive Holiday Facial, Cinnamon Spice Hot Stone Massage or a Peppermint Pedicure complete with hot chocolate and a seasonal treat.
While enjoying the festivities at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, resort guests can also purchase The Ritz-Carlton Gift Card, a great present for any occasion. The cards are valid for services, dining and amenities at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels and resorts around the world.
For a full calendar of events at luxury Hawaii resort, please visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/KapaluaMaui/Default.htm.
About The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua
The AAA Five-Diamond Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated luxury Hawaii resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential hotel suites, boasting warm-hued wood floors, rich travertine bathrooms, flat-screen LCD televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The Waihua Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, steam, sauna and whirlpool therapies, outdoor couple's hale (cabanas) and a fitness center and movement studio with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment program offers all interest levels an array of outdoor activities from land to sea, led by trained naturalists. The breathtaking family beach resort also features six Maui restaurants, enhanced indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. The Maui oceanfront hotel is nestled on 54 acres and enveloped by the 23,000 acre Kapalua Resort, renowned for two championship golf courses, award-winning restaurants and an historic pineapple plantation.