ORANGE, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 27, 2012) - Since the first Fourth of July was held at the White House in 1804 Americans have been rejoicing in historical fashion on our nation's birthday. This year, Budget Blinds® can help you stay cool and save energy at home while celebrating in comfort and style with smart window-covering solutions.
As people get ready to celebrate the Fourth of July, they are filled with the nostalgic thoughts of their ancestors who founded America. Modern day Americans continue being pioneers by becoming more environmentally conscience and using energy efficient green products. This movement has become a large part of the window coverings industry, and Budget Blinds is here to help you convert your house into an eco-friendly and energy saving home. Cooling your house with screens, retractable awnings, and window film are three energy efficient solutions that offer you different ways to stay cool in the summer environment with the added bonus of relaxing inside while still experiencing the excitement occurring outside.
Here's a few extra ways to keep cool on the Fourth of July and also throughout summer:
- Wearing loose-fitting, especially cotton, clothing will keep you cooler than most synthetics
- Small battery powered fans with a mister that clip onto a belt buckle are perfect for a quick spritz (store in the freezer for an extra chilly blast)
- Take short baths or showers with cool or lukewarm water
- Keep bottles of water in the freezer; grab one when you're ready to go outside. As the ice melts, you'll have a supply of cold water with you to drink or pour inside your hat or over your head to cool you down. Toss some frozen bottles in the coolers as well, they will keep other drinks cool and when they thaw they will be perfect for drinking!
- Try storing lotions or Aloe Vera in the refrigerator to use on hot, scorched skin
- Fans can help keep your guests happy by circulating air and making the air feel cooler, even in an air-conditioned house
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are over 120 million homes that are five years or older and many are in desperate need of energy-efficiency updates. Studies have proven that the largest portion of a home's energy demand comes from the heating and cooling of the interior. While many families are not in a position to make costly updates to their appliances, the use of highly efficient window treatments can be effective for saving energy at home.
Stay connected with festivities on the 4th while lounging in the comfort of your home with retractable screens from Budget Blinds.
- Screens are a summer time necessity; they allow you a nearly unobstructed view of outside while providing your home with a cool breeze to lift away the sultry summer heat without having to use your energy sapping air conditioner.
- Retractable screens are great for use in windows, double doors, glass sliders, and patios. Screens are perfect for patios during summer because they keep out the insects, animals, and any dirt or debris that might be stirred up from the wind while providing you and your guests with natural ventilation.
- Screens can also add another layer of protection for children and pets if they are used on upper level gazebos or decks. Budget Blinds also has the option of solar screens that can help to block the heat of the sun for relaxing during the midday heat.
Retractable awnings are similar to screens in the fact that they increase the amount of comfortable space for you to enjoy inside and outside of your home. Awnings are great for the Fourth of July because they create more shade inside and outside which allows for more comfortable seating out of the hot sun. They can increase the shade on your patio which will entice more people to lounge outside without having to worry about becoming sticky with sweat or a burn from the sun's rays. They also provide a great oasis of shade to keep the ice in your coolers from melting quickly.
- A retractable awning not only saves you money by conserving energy through shade, but it also saves you money in the long run because the shade provides protection for your floors and furniture from the harmful effects of sun bleaching.
- Retractable awnings extend patio areas by creating a temporary living space which can be perfect for sitting on the front porch.
- Awnings paired with outdoor shutters provide an aesthetic appeal while increasing your home's energy efficiency. During quick forming summer storms an awning can shield your home against rain and debris and can be easily stored when not in use.
Window film is an especially energy efficient window treatment because reflective film not only reduces glare, but in combination with highly reflective blinds, can reduce heat gain by up to 45% according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Window film also provides privacy and protection for your windows. Sometimes fireworks can misfire and if you don't want a bottle rocket careening into your window and scratching it, a protective window film could be the perfect option.
- Window film not only protects your windows, but also provides a fantastic view of the fireworks show because your view is completely un-impeded!
Independence Day is a day to enjoy with your close friends and family. Budget Blinds is here to help you celebrate America in comfort and style. Retractable awnings are a great addition to any host's home who plan on having Fourth of July fun. The extra shade on their patios or porches provides more room for people to enjoy the beautiful outside weather without suffocating in the stifling heat. With the money that you save by using energy efficient window coverings and treatments you can spend more money on your Independence Day festivities!
About BUDGET BLINDS
Budget Blinds®, a Home Franchise Concepts, Inc. ® brand, is a custom window coverings franchise that offers convenient shop-at-home service for window coverings and home décor accessories.