BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Jul 17, 2012) - Today, QUICK (www.theQUICKapp.com) launches as a new way for people to sell and buy items using their mobile devices -- across multiple marketplaces, classifieds and social networks -- all in one place. QUICK connects sellers to potential buyers through a variety of platforms, including eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, as well as the QUICK Mobile Marketplace -- all on their smartphone, making for a faster, safer and more convenient experience. The QUICK app currently is available for Android phones through Google Play; the iPhone version is planned for later this year.
"You can do almost anything from your smartphone -- from paying bills to video chatting in real-time -- but even with the huge boom in mobile commerce, it's still a challenge to easily sell and buy things. The existing online platforms just don't translate to the possibilities a smartphone presents," said Doug Brenhouse, Co-Founder and President of QUICK. "We created QUICK to empower better mobile sales, to take the time and hassle out of selling and buying across multiple sites by integrating them all into one easy-to-use mobile app."
QUICK makes it possible for any seller, big or small, to list items easily, connect with interested buyers and sell via the free mobile app -- whether nearby or across the country. It facilitates the selling process with:
- Automated Product descriptions - for fast and easy posting, the QUICK app allows sellers to scan bar codes, and take pictures of their product, and then pulls relevant product descriptions from the web. Just tap the description that best fits a product and the QUICK app pops it in.
- Friends-Only Pricing - QUICK lets individual sellers set special pricing for their Facebook friends, and lets stores and professional sellers turn their Facebook pages into Loyalty Programs by offering specific product discounts exclusively to friends and loyal customers.
- Streamlined communication - QUICK provides an easy-to-use interface for instant communication between the buyer and seller -- letting the two parties involved decide how to complete the transaction -- whether it is locally in person or shipping products nationally.
- Friendly templates - QUICK provides sellers with custom eBay templates for their listings, and offers free, unlimited eBay image hosting with big, beautiful, high-quality images to attract more buyers. The QUICK app also allows sellers to upload unlimited images to their Craigslist ads and create multiple Craigslist signatures for different product types that will appear at the bottom of every Craigslist posting.
- Automatic-syncing - QUICK automatically monitors all listings through the QUICK app, so if an item sells on eBay, or on the QUICK Mobile Marketplace, QUICK automatically will take the posting down everywhere else so the seller never gets stuck selling the same item twice.
- And, it really is "quick" -- using QUICK takes less than 45 seconds to post an item to all major marketplaces and social media sites.
QUICK is fun for buyers, too. No longer is there a need to be tied to a computer -- using the always on / always-with-you nature of the QUICK Mobile Marketplace, buyers can:
- Browse products for sale - anything sellers list through the QUICK app, across a multitude of marketplaces and social networks, is all available for sale in the QUICK Mobile Marketplace -- anywhere, anytime
- Shop safely - be protected, and communicate safely in real time with sellers using QUICK's in-app structured messaging system to ask questions, make an offer and easily complete the transaction from a smartphone
- Map local-item proximity instantly - buyers get to choose whether they prefer to buy something from nearby or from around the country. Want to only see what's nearby? Simply use the "Nearby" search button, and buyers get a map pinpointing what they are looking for within a 1 to 100 mile radius of where they are
Added Brenhouse: "Mobile commerce is set to grow to $119 billion by 2015, and nearly 80% of consumers are using their smartphones to assist them while shopping. As people increasingly turn to their smartphones to browse and shop, they are met with aging, complicated marketplaces and classifieds platforms that have not adapted to a clean, streamlined, effective mobile experience. QUICK developed from this growing frustration -- and is committed to creating a faster, less expensive and more powerful way for buyers and sellers to connect on a local and national level."
To download the Quick App, please visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quicktech.app&rdid=com.quicktech.app&rdot=1. To learn more about QUICK's features watch http://www.youtube.com/user/theQUICKapp, and for more information about QUICK check out www.theQUICKapp.com.
QUICK (www.theQUICKapp.com) empowers instant mobile commerce, eliminates the hassle of selling and buying across multiple platforms from a smartphone. By just downloading the QUICK app, sellers can list their items straight to eBay, Craigslist, Facebook and the new QUICK Mobile Marketplace with just a few taps. In turn, mobile shoppers can peruse listings for all kinds of items -- available for sale either down the street or across the country. QUICK is headquartered in Boston, MA.