PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) -
- BumeBox (www.bumebox.com), the platform that powers realtime social experiences for brands, today announced a partnership with B Productions, the leading production company specializing in videotaping and streaming of runway shows, giving top fashion brands the ability to add realtime social capabilities to live fashion events happening during the upcoming New York Fashion Week.
- Marc Jacobs and Tory Burch are among the brands confirmed to integrate live video streaming and social elements from B Productions and BumeBox in their fashion shows.
- During New York Fashion Week, BumeBox and B Productions will deliver:
- Live streamed runway shows with branded content, giving remote viewers front row access to the top shows.
- Fully equipped social capabilities that allow fans to interact with others, including the brand itself, in realtime.
- Increased traffic to each brand's website and live streaming show -- giving Marc Jacobs and Tory Burch amplified brand awareness and customer reach.
- Never before seen social content features distributing elements of the live experience in innovative ways.
- BumeBox worked with B Productions during New York Fashion Week 2011, powering the social experience for the Marc Jacobs runway show. The results of the show were record-breaking:
- The Marc Jacobs' Twitter account and event hashtag combined reached more than 90 million social impressions and broke into top 10 global trends on Twitter.
- Social mentions more than tripled from the prior fall runway show during the live Marc Jacobs show.
- This partnership marks a new way of integrating social with exclusive realtime content that will ultimately change the way the fashion industry engages with fans and customers.
- To see BumeBox and B Productions in action, tune in to the Marc Jacobs and Tory Burch runway shows Sept. 6-13, via:
Attributable to Russell Quy, Head of Digital Media, B Productions
"In the past two years, B Productions has been inundated with requests from designers to provide high quality live streaming that would match the production level of their runway shows. We've created bespoke streaming, but what was missing was the ability to promote this very artistic video in a major way to increase traffic to the designers' sites and social networks. The interactive quality of BumeBox makes it easy and frictionless to create a social viewing experience that is accessible and interactive. Their ability to generate pre-show excitement is very important to live streaming."
Attributable to Daniel Plenge, Director of Digital, Marc Jacobs Intl
"Designers who have the means to live stream their runway shows are looking to do it in an exciting way. We heard about Bumebox and with our video partner, B Productions, we were able to bring Marc's vision to millions of fans, both old and new, in a ground-breaking fashion. It was a very organic way to invite people into the world of Marc Jacobs. After the show, we saw the #marcjacobslive tag generate more than 90 million impressions on Twitter. We'll continue to trailblaze with social and video experiences."
Attributable to Jon Fahrner, CEO, BumeBox
"Brands are investing more in premium online content as a crucial consumer touch point. By aligning in this way, BumeBox and B Productions are empowering companies with the absolute best digital video production and real-time social technology that outshines any component or widget solutions in existence. Our social video experience respects branding and nuances of communities while it translates in a seamless way from web to mobile to tablet."
For companies that want premium, branded social campaigns, BumeBox is a platform that powers realtime social experiences for the world's best brands. Unlike static widgets and platforms that offer little flexibility and no control over content and analytics, BumeBox offers companies the ability to participate in dynamic realtime conversations with consumers in a fully branded digital space. Through full Twitter integration, customized branding, commerce tools and proprietary analytics, BumeBox provides leading brands with realtime experiences that bring followers down the conversion funnel and finally tie social media to real business goals. Founded in 2011, BumeBox is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. For more information, visit: www.BumeBox.com.
About B Productions:
B Productions is the leading production company specializing in filming and streaming fashion runway shows and live events. Since Fashion Week launched in1993, B has been the production company of choice for the leading designers as well an emerging talent. Each year, B shoots over 400 runway shows and presentations. Projects include Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center, CBS's special "The Making of Fashion's Night Out," "The Runway Reports," a web series for Women's Wear Daily, "FN Shoestar," a web-based design contest for The Fairchild Group, and "Project Runway." To see the reel please visit www.BProductions.com.