OTTAWA and BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Aug 13, 2012) - BTI Systems, the global leader redefining service delivery for metro network operators, today announced that the Company enters the third quarter in a very strong position with more than 30 new customers globally, significantly increased bookings and backlog, and market share growth. Bookings grew more than 30 percent year-over-year in Q2 2012. Revenues increased more than 25 percent over the same period.
BTI provides innovative packet optical software and system solutions that enable service and content providers to capitalize on the massive demand for bandwidth driven by dramatic growth in mobility, Internet video, and cloud connectivity. Additionally, very large data center operators -- who stream enormous amounts of data between centers -- increase scale, lower latency, reduce power usage and footprint and decrease costs with BTI solutions.
"Our continued growth is reflective of our end-to-end solutions that are fully integrated and designed to enable service and content providers to capture new market opportunities," said Steve Waszak, President and CEO, BTI Systems. "Our management platform is unequaled in accelerating services delivery and operational leverage, enabling our customers to drive revenues and increase profits from advanced, high-value service offerings. We look forward to continuing to help our global customers capitalize on the enormous growth of mobile traffic, broadband content and demand for cloud communications."
BTI will continue to expand its business, with plans to increase headcount globally, including 30 percent in its Massachusetts location. BTI announced the opening of the Company's U.S. headquarters earlier this year.
Highlights for the first half of 2012 include:
- According to a recent report by ACG Research, BTI increased its Packet Optical Transport Systems market position globally to surpass competitor Huawei.
- In the first half of 2012, BTI has added more than 30 new customers driven by an increase in Mobile Backhaul demand.
- BTI's five-year OEM relationship with Fujitsu Network Communications continues to contribute to increased revenues.
Recent Customer Successes Include:
- Frontier Communications, the nation's largest provider of communications services focused on rural America, reported a savings of 25 percent in costs and bandwidth using BTI's Integrated Services Delivery Platform.
- King International Resource Zone (KIRZ) leveraged BTI to connect its Data Centers and offer cost-effective co-location services and access to its customers.
- Hanoi Telecom chose BTI's Carrier Ethernet Business Services solution to deploy its new metroE platform cost effectively, while accelerating the provisioning of Ethernet services to businesses from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City and across 25 cities.
- Epsilon Telecommunications expanded its relationship with BTI to dynamically scale its London metro network -- in time for the 2012 Olympics -- to rapidly deliver new IP, Ethernet and wavelength services for service provider customers, increase capacity and improve operational efficiencies.
- BTI announced significant enhancements to help service providers increase metro capacity, accelerate and monetize service delivery, simplify operations and ensure SLA performance for Ethernet business, wavelength, Mobile Backhaul and Cloud services:
- The BTI packetVX™ 80 provides unequaled scalability in a small footprint, with eight times the 10G port capacity;
- The BTI Service Access 810 is a compact, carrier-grade, cell tower-ready access platform with enhanced service level management;
- Availability of 4D and 2D ROADM modules provide flexible, point-and-click wavelength routing.
About BTI Systems
BTI Systems is the innovative networking company delivering solutions that empower service and content providers to capitalize on the increasing demand for bandwidth driven by game-changing and long-term trends in mobility, content and cloud services. With an integrated suite of packet optical networking, application intelligence software and service-centric management products, BTI enables service providers to scale capacity and profitably deliver a mix of high-value applications, services and content to subscribers and businesses around the globe. More than 350 customers rely on BTI to monetize, accelerate and simplify service delivery. Headquartered in North America, BTI operates regional sales, marketing, and R&D centers of excellence throughout the world. For more information, visit www.btisystems.com.