NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that British Rototherm, a world leader in the manufacture of industrial instrumentation, has deployed Infor10 ERP Business (SyteLine). Delivered on time and to budget, ERP Business will provide the benefits of standardization and a foundation for growth by helping improve productivity and customer service.
- British Rototherm -- a pioneering, UK based instrumentation business is following an aggressive acquisition and organic growth strategy to become a £50m business within the next four years.
- British Rototherm designs and manufactures a wide product range that is sold globally in more than 90 countries. ERP Business was chosen to handle the complexity of British Rototherm's wide variety of product iterations, its multi-site manufacturing facilities, and its numerous international operations.
- With strong integration between ERP Business and engineering software used by British Rototherm, the company will be able to produce bespoke drawings and detailed cost breakdowns in a short time frame, allowing a rapid response and solution to customer inquiries.
- Order entry and preparation of documentation for both the customer and operations will now be semi-automated, significantly reducing the administration time involved.
- The analysis and search functionality of ERP Business was another crucial factor in the selection process. British Rototherm will use these capabilities to drill down into operations to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiencies within its multiple manufacturing operations.
- Following the initial deployment in South Wales, British Rototherm will roll out ERP Business to its other UK manufacturing sites and then its international offices, starting with Ireland, Australia and Colombia.
British Rototherm Quote
"With such an opportunity for growth in the market, the fact that we export to 90 countries and our massive product portfolio, we have faced the challenge of incredible complexity in our drive to build this business," said Oliver Conger, managing director, British Rototherm.
"Our investment in ERP Business has been about establishing a core foundation with which to manage this complexity and build the business from, along with raising the bar for customer service across our industry. We expect significant productivity gains as we will be able to configure customized solutions quicker than any comparable instrumentation company in the market. The objective is to achieve lead times that are at the forefront of the industry, improving customer service. This means ERP Business will become a key part of British Rototherm's competitive differentiation."
"What this underlines is the importance of speed in delivering competitive advantage for manufacturers," said Andrew Kinder, director, industry marketing, Infor. "The ability to rapidly turn around accurate quotes for new business is vital for British manufacturers looking to compete in a global market."
"British Rototherm's investment in ERP Business will help the company support its growth plans and support of multiple sites."
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.