SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 1, 2012) - BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firms in the Kansas City area, focused on individual money management, with the greatest amount of assets under management. This list is part of the series that BrightScope regularly issues to highlight data contained within its Advisor Pages™, a breakthrough way for people to discover, research, and select a financial advisor.
"Before BrightScope Advisor Pages, selecting the right advisor was limited to personal recommendations and what little information investors and consumers could find in searches on the SEC and FINRA websites, Google and LinkedIn," said Mike Alfred, CEO and co-founder of BrightScope. "BrightScope Advisor Pages not only easily streamlines that process, but is one of the best examples of bringing vital transparency to the financial management industry."
By aggregating hard-to-discover but publicly available information on advisors, BrightScope has created a free, easy-to-use database that is searchable from multiple dimensions. BrightScope's Advisor Pages™ features the data most critical to investors tasked with making an informed decision on which financial professional best meets their needs, including location, qualifications, amount and types of assets under management, area of specialty, legal disputes, formal complaints and more.
Top 25 Kansas City area-based advisors by total assets under management:
Company - Total assets under management
1. Financial Counselors Inc. - $4.5B
2. Creative Planning - $3.8B
3. Tower Wealth Managers, Inc. - $1.1B
4. Vantage Investment Partners, LLC - $1.0B
5. Meritage Portfolio Management, Inc. - $977.4M
6. The Mutual Fund Store - $746.8M
7. Mitchell Capital Management Co. - $609.0M
8. Atwood & Palmer, Inc. - $486.4M
9. Stepp & Rothwell Inc. - $411.4M
10. Frontier Wealth Management, LLC - $354.2M
11. Palmer Square Capital Management LLC - $341.0M
12. Sterneck Capital Management LLC - $339.0M
13. Paragon Capital Management LLC - $315.7M
14. Boyer & Corporon Wealth Management, LLC - $258.3M
15. Two West Capital Advisors LLC - $257.6M
16. Khc Wealth Management Services - $238.1M
17. Sunrise Advisors - $246.1M
18. Kavar Capital Partners, LLC - $214.3M
19. Tmfs Advisory Services, LLC - $152.2M
20. Nuance Investments, LLC - $151.0M
21. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. - $118.9M
22. Samson Capital Management, LLC - $107.8M
23. Legacy Advisory Group - $105.0M
24. Mader & Shannon Wealth Management - $101.5M
25. Aspen Wealth Management, Inc. - $92.5M
BrightScope obtains its data directly from publicly available sources, including required regulatory filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Financial advisors can augment these primary sources by claiming their BrightScope Advisor Page™. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope now provides unparalleled insight into the financial management industry.
For more information about BrightScope Advisor Pages™ or to find information on a financial advisor, please visit http://www.brightscope.com/financial-planning/find/advisor/.
BrightScope is a financial information company that brings transparency to opaque markets through independent research and analysis. Delivered through web-based software, BrightScope data drives better decision-making for individual investors, corporate plan sponsors, asset managers, broker-dealers, and financial advisors. The BrightScope Rating™, developed in partnership with leading independent 401k fiduciaries, reviews more than 200 unique data inputs per plan and calculates a single numerical score which defines plan quality at the company level. In April 2011, the company launched BrightScope Advisor Pages™, the first comprehensive and publicly available directory of financial advisors designed to help consumers discover information and conduct due diligence on wealth management professionals. BrightScope also markets a suite of data analytics software products to Fortune 1000 companies, asset managers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, and other market participants. Public ratings for more than 46,000 retirement plans as well as rating definitions, criteria and methodologies, and information on more than 770,000 financial advisors nearly 50,000 advisory firms are available for free at www.brightscope.com.