SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 14, 2012) - BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firms in the Cleveland area, focused on individual money management, with the greatest amount of assets under management. This list is part of the series that BrightScope regularly issues to highlight data contained within its Advisor Pages™, a breakthrough way for people to discover, research, and select a financial advisor.
"Investors should not have to sift through unnecessary and unreliable resources to find the information they need to choose the best financial advisor for their needs," said Mike Alfred, CEO and co-founder of BrightScope. "That is why we created BrightScope Advisor Pages, which simplifies the process by offering a reliable, comprehensive, search-friendly database to help investors efficiently and confidently access the information they need."
By aggregating hard-to-discover but publicly available information on advisors, BrightScope has created a free, easy-to-use database that is searchable from multiple dimensions. BrightScope's Advisor Pages™ features the data most critical to investors tasked with making an informed decision on which financial professional best meets their needs, including location, qualifications, amount and types of assets under management, area of specialty, legal disputes, formal complaints and more.
Top 25 Cleveland area-based advisors by total assets under management:
Company -- Total assets under management:
1. Clanco Management Corp. - $1.8B
2. Hartland & Co - $1.1B
3. Wellspring Financial Advisors, LLC - $863.6M
4. Oak Associates Ltd - $811.2M
5. Fairway Wealth Management LLC - $701.5M
6. Paragon Advisors, Inc. - $532.2M
7. Spero-Smith Investment Advisers, Inc. - $515.1M
8. Gries Financial LLC - $485.1M
9. Winslow Asset Management Inc - $475.1M
10. Carnegie Investment Counsel - $453.0M
11. Gratry & Company, LLC - $443.8M
12. North Point Portfolio Managers Corporation - $440.2M
13. Mgo Investment Advisors Inc. - $419.0M
14. Altus Wealth Advisors, LLC - $360.0M
15. Rav Financial Services, LLC - $315.8M
16. First Fiduciary Investment Counsel Inc - $311.3M
17. The Proper Analysis Corporation - $291.9M
18. Private Harbour - $243.6M
19. Scott Snow (Financial Advisors) LLC - $240.0M
20. Van Cleef Asset Management Inc - $227.4M
21. Aurum Wealth Management Group LLC - $198.0M
22. Fairway Sports Management, LLC - $194.8M
23. Lesjak Planning Corp - $160.0M
24. Ruggaard & Associates, Inc. - $124.9M
25. Midwest Investment Management LLC - $119.9M
BrightScope obtains its data directly from publicly available sources, including required regulatory filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Financial advisors can augment these primary sources by claiming their BrightScope Advisor Page™. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope now provides unparalleled insight into the financial management industry.
For more information about BrightScope Advisor Pages™ or to find information on a financial advisor, please visit http://www.brightscope.com/financial-planning/find/advisor/.
BrightScope is a financial information company that brings transparency to opaque markets through independent research and analysis. Delivered through web-based software, BrightScope data drives better decision-making for individual investors, corporate plan sponsors, asset managers, broker-dealers, and financial advisors. The BrightScope Rating™, developed in partnership with leading independent 401k fiduciaries, reviews more than 200 unique data inputs per plan and calculates a single numerical score which defines plan quality at the company level. In April 2011, the company launched BrightScope Advisor Pages™, the first comprehensive and publicly available directory of financial advisors designed to help consumers discover information and conduct due diligence on wealth management professionals. BrightScope also markets a suite of data analytics software products to Fortune 1000 companies, asset managers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, and other market participants. Public ratings for more than 46,000 retirement plans as well as rating definitions, criteria and methodologies, and information on more than 770,000 financial advisors and nearly 45,000 advisory firms are available for free at www.brightscope.com.