SOURCE: Bradford Networks
CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - Oct 1, 2012) - Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices, today announced that its newly released Network Sentry 6.0 was rated as SC Magazine's 'Best Buy' in the Identity Management, Network Access Control (NAC) and DLP Group Test. The industry leading NAC solution scored five stars in every review category and outscored solutions from all 14 other vendors in the Group Test including Forescout, Hitachi ID Systems, McAfee, NetIQ, and Quest. Network Sentry 6.0 provides organizations with a foundation for enabling bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies that empower IT to discover, define and control how devices and users gain access to network resources. The Network Sentry 6.0 SC Magazine product review, available in the October 2012 issue, can be found at: http://www.scmagazine.com/bradford-networks-network-sentry-v60/review/3750/
The SC Magazine review states that "Bradford Networks has hit a homerun with this tool," and that the product is "worthy of attention for organizations looking to implement a robust network access control program." The review also highlights several innovations and features including:
- Identifying, profiling and monitoring every edge connection, including device types and users and provisioning the appropriate level of network access according to role-based security policies;
- Identifying non-managed users and devices, even when the device does not join the Active Directory domain;
- Auto-discovering, classifying and inventorying all network infrastructure (switches, routers, controllers, access points, and more);
- A simple and easy implementation process, and managed by an "excellent web-enabled graphic interface";
- Multiple deployment options including an appliance, virtual server or a cloud-based service;
- Bradford Networks was also lauded for offering 'an excellent set of support options for its customers.'
"We're honored that Network Sentry was again named the 'Best Buy' in the NAC category by one of the preeminent security publications in the industry," Frank Andrus, CTO, Bradford Networks. "Network Sentry 6.0 was designed to provide our customers with a quick and easy way to implement a BYOD strategy that enables full device visibility and control. This review is recognition of the hard work and innovation of our research and development team, and of the Bradford Networks customers who were integral in providing feedback and recommendations."
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's flexible Network Sentry solution is the first network security offering that can automatically identify and profile all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Network Sentry is now used by more than 800 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
Network Sentry is a trademark of Bradford Networks, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.