SOURCE: Bradford Networks
CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - Oct 29, 2012) - Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices, and Fortinet, a leader in high-performance network security, today announced a strategic partnership. Through this partnership, Fortinet and Bradford Networks offer an integrated scalable and flexible bring-your-own-device (BYOD) security solution that delivers visibility, control and protection from network security threats to corporate-issued and personally owned mobile devices.
"While BYOD is a great enabler for the enterprise, the influx of devices used by employees and other users creates significant security and management challenges. It is critical that organizations have full visibility and management of devices and users on their network," said Patrick Bedwell, vice president of product marketing for Fortinet. "The integration of technology from Fortinet and Bradford Networks provides enterprises with an end-to-end view of network activity, including users and devices, to improve security while increasing productivity -- essential to any successful BYOD strategy."
Fortinet's FortiGate security platform provides a broad array of security and networking functions, including firewall, application control, VPN, antivirus, intrusion prevention, Web filtering, anti-spam and WAN acceleration, while Bradford Networks' Network Sentry delivers a comprehensive network access control (NAC) solution to enable a secure BYOD strategy.The joint offering proactively correlates network traffic and security data with endpoint device and user information to provide total visibility, control and secure network access for corporate-issued and personally owned mobile devices.
Key benefits and features of the integrated Bradford Networks and Fortinet solution include:
- Automation to Reduce IT Management Overhead - Automatically discovers all mobile devices on the network and provisions network access based on user and device policies;
- Dynamic Mobility Risk Assessment - Proactively detects suspicious network traffic, events and anomalies and allows only trusted mobile devices to access network resources;
- Application Control - Provides granular control of over 2,400 applications and behaviors within each application to prevent application-borne threats or risky user behavior;
- Client Reputation - Delivers a cumulative security ranking of each device based on a range of behaviors and provides specific, actionable information that enables organizations to identity compromised systems and potential zero-day attacks in real time;
- Advanced Anti-malware Detection - Provides on-device, behavior-based heuristic engine and cloud-based AV services that includes an operating system sandbox and botnet IP reputation database to protect against today's targeted attacks;
- Advanced Network Forensics - Delivers full visibility into all the wired and wireless devices connecting and disconnecting from a network and can immediately identify and locate a suspicious device;
- Auto-Remediation for Non-Compliant Devices - Automatically removes or isolates non-compliant or infected devices from the network based on risk tolerance policies;
- Secure and Automated Onboarding - Users have secure access to the network resources they need on corporate-issued and personally-owned devices.
"We expect our partnership with Fortinet to drive greater awareness around the need for organizations to proactively address the security implications introduced with BYOD," said Vincent Ma, VP business development, Bradford Networks. "Fortinet understands the inherent value of striking the right balance between accessibility and security for personal and corporate-owned mobile devices, and we look forward to enabling a scalable and secure BYOD solution for our joint customers."
Bradford Networks is a sponsor of the Fortinet Global Partner Conference 2012 cruise taking place November 5-9, 2012. Partners attending the cruise can visit Bradford Networks' booth throughout the cruise to learn more about the Bradford Networks and Fortinet integrated BYOD solution and how Bradford Networks works with hundreds of partners to ensure safe, secure network access for all brands of wired and wireless devices, across enterprise networks.
About Fortinet (www.fortinet.com)
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Our customers include enterprises, service providers and government entities worldwide, including the majority of the 2011 Fortune Global 100. Fortinet's flagship FortiGate product delivers ASIC-accelerated performance and integrates multiple layers of security designed to help protect against application and network threats. Fortinet's broad product line goes beyond UTM to help secure the extended enterprise -- from endpoints, to the perimeter and the core, including databases and applications. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world.
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's flexible Network Sentry solution is the first network security offering that can automatically identify and profile all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Network Sentry is now used by more than 800 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
Network Sentry is a trademark of Bradford Networks, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.