PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 15, 2011) - Box® today announced new enterprise-grade security and management features across its platform and a new product integration with Intel Corporation that deliver additional protections for end-users and increased administration capabilities for IT managers. These enhancements reinforce Box's commitment to providing the highest levels of security so businesses can share, manage and access content in the cloud with confidence.
"We are committed to providing the best tools and access controls for end-users and IT admins that deliver uncompromised security across the enterprise," said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. "We're introducing new, sophisticated security features at every stage of the Box experience to protect the most important asset of your business -- information. Today's new smart security functionality and active directory updates, as well as our relationship with Intel make Box one of the most secure platforms for collaboration in the cloud."
According to Gartner's "Top Predictions for IT organizations and Users, 2012 and Beyond," (1) the firm predicts, "At year-end 2016, more than 50 percent of Global 1000 companies will have stored customer-sensitive data in the public cloud." Ahead of this stampede to store and manage enterprise information in the cloud, Box is delivering important new features today that enable a secure cloud collaboration experience.
Smart Enterprise Security
Today, Box is introducing three new smart security features for business and enterprise users that offer new permissions for sharing and accessing content from any device and any location.
- Smart Shared Links: Box has enhanced security permissions on its popular grab and share link feature, enabling users to limit who can view a file or folder to only users within a company domain or to collaborators within a specific folder. This option is flexible in that it can be set at several levels including on individual files, at the folder level, by the folder owner or by the administrator for an entire enterprise.
- Trusted Access: Box's popular Trusted Access Management feature, which tracks each Box login from a new browser, now includes tracking of logins from mobile devices, desktops via Box Sync and custom apps via Box APIs. In addition to tracking logins and alerting users to new access instances, IT admins can now limit the number of devices an employee can access from the same user ID.
- Groups Active Directory Synchronization: For Box accounts that are linked to their company's Active Directory (AD), IT admins can opt to have their AD groups automatically populated within Box. When users log into Box, they will be added or removed from Box groups based on their AD groups. Admins can create new groups in Box from AD and easily add or remove users from within a Box group.
Box is announcing a new relationship with Intel that includes integrations to simplify how IT administrators manage user permissions and group access through Single Sign-On (SSO) and authentication.
- Intel® Expressway Cloud Access 360 Integration: Box is working with Intel to help streamline secure access to Box using credentials managed by Intel® Expressway Cloud Access 360 (ECA 360). Administrators can use ECA 360 to automatically provision Box accounts, leveraging existing identity repositories and enable federated SSO to Box. This integration helps eliminate the need for additional authentication and adds another layer of user convenience to the Box platform.
- Strong authentication: Box customers using ECA 360 who desire stronger user identity verification can take advantage of 2-factor authentication available with ECA 360 and configure the system to challenge users to enter a one-time password (OTP), delivered separately via a smart phone or cell. This feature can help Box customers further protect sensitive documents against unauthorized access.
"We make no exceptions when choosing our cloud service partners, especially when it comes to security," said Dan Petlon, CIO at Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company. "Box completely meets our needs and adheres to the highest industry standards for security. Box is a powerful, easy to use platform that provides us with the visibility, control and protection we need to confidently share business critical data in the cloud."
Unlimited Storage Capacity
Box Business Account customers now have access to an additional 500GB of storage capacity, for a total of 1TB of cloud storage, at no additional cost. Box Enterprise Account customers receive an unlimited amount of data storage.
More than 100,000 businesses, including 82% of the Fortune 500, share and access their data on Box. Industry leaders including Dow Chemical, Enterasys Networks Internet2, McAfee and O2 trust Box with their most important information.
Availability & Pricing
Trusted access, Groups Active Directory, Intel Cloud Access 360 SSO Integration and 1TB for Box Business Accounts are available today. Smart URLs will be rolled out to all Box accounts over the next week.
For more information on these new features, please visit our blog: http://blog.box.com/?p=10039
For more information on Box and Intel, please visit: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Secure-File-Sharing/
For details on pricing, please visit our pricing page: https://boxmarketing.box.com/pricing/
Founded in 2005, Box provides a secure content sharing platform that both users and IT love and adopt. Content on Box can be shared internally and externally, accessed through iPad, iPhone, Android and PlayBook applications, and extended to partner applications such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, Box is a privately held company and is backed by venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners, and strategic investors salesforce.com and SAP.
(1) " Gartner's Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users, 2012 and Beyond: Control Slips Away," December 1, 2011.