PASADENA, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 10, 2013) - Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza, a pioneer in the build-your-own fast-casual artisan pizza category, today announced that the Driz/Koral group has signed an agreement to develop five franchise stores in Southern California, the first three of which are slated to open in Spring 2013. With the addition of the five store Driz/Koral agreement, the company now has 10 stores open or under development for Southern California.
The Driz/Koral Group is led by Peter Koral, founder of premium denim brand "Seven for All Mankind," and Daniel Driz, whose family interests include PrimeStor shopping centers and 750 Mexico based retail stores, including Panda Express and Office Depot. The Driz/Koral Group is the second multi-unit franchisee in Blaze Pizza's growing franchise network.
"We feel that Blaze Pizza has taken the leadership position in the emerging fast-casual pizza category," said Driz. "We know that Blaze is getting a great deal of interest from franchise candidates and are aware of how quickly concepts like Five Guys sold out their development areas. We believe it's a smart strategy to get in early to capitalize on the momentum and to have the best selection of franchise territories."
Blaze Pizza currently operates two company stores in Pasadena and Irvine, and earlier announced a development agreement with franchise operator Sajha, LLC to open three new stores in the Los Angeles area. To date, four locations for the Driz/Koral and Sajha groups have been secured and will soon be announced. Blaze Pizza is currently negotiating with landlords for an additional four sites for the franchisees.
How It Works
- It's so fresh that every pizza starts with a perfectly proofed dough ball and -- right before your eyes -- you watch as it's pressed into a generous 11-inch super-light pizza crust.
- Our assembly line format lets you "co-create" one of our personal-sized signature pizzas, or create your own -- with over 40 sauces & toppings ranging from more artisan and inventive (marinated artichokes, gorgonzola cheese, roasted red peppers, fresh arugula) to classic favorites, often with a contemporary twist (ovalini mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, BBQ sauce drizzle and red sauce dollops).
- After topping, we send your pizza to our oven to be "fast-fire'd." Reaching approximately 800 degrees, the blazing-hot open-hearth oven is the centerpiece of the store -- and key to our quality and lightning fast speed.
- You may opt for one of our signature salads -- like the Roasted Veggie & Gorgonzola or the Tomato, Basil & Ovalini Mozzarella. You choose it & we'll build it.
- Your last step is to head to the drink bar and grab a table. But don't blink, because before you can sit down, your pizza is ready to devour!
About Blaze Pizza
Blaze Pizza uses a "co-created," assembly line format (similar to Chipotle Mexican Grill®) to create amazing artisan pizzas at lightning fast speed -- all for only $6.85. Blaze Pizza makes its own dough from scratch using recipes that require a 24-hour fermentation period to produce our signature light-as-air, crisp crust. The restaurant's menu also features signature salads, fresh lemonades, craft beer & wine, and house-made S'more Pies. For pizza fans with specific dietary needs, Blaze Pizza offers gluten-free dough and vegan cheese.
A creation of Elise and Rick Wetzel (founder of Wetzel's Pretzels), the concept is backed by investors including Maria Shriver, movie producer John Davis and Boston Red Sox co-owner Tom Werner, and includes the talents of Executive Chef Bradford Kent, a graduate of New York's Culinary Institute of America and one of the top pizza chefs in the country.
The company is currently evaluating both single and multi-unit franchise candidates for development opportunities throughout California and across the country. Blaze Pizza is registered to sell franchises in 34 states including the targeted development areas of New York, Illinois, Florida, Texas, Virginia/Maryland, Massachusetts, Texas and Colorado. Blaze Pizza's seasoned eight-person executive team brings many years of QSR experience from restaurant concepts including Buffalo Wild Wings, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panda Express, McDonalds, Carl's Jr. and Wetzel's Pretzels. Blaze Pizza stores are typically 2,000 to 2,400 square feet with seating for 50 to 70 customers, and can be located in anchored strip centers, regional malls, and high-traffic entertainment centers. The company plans to open 15 stores in 2013.
To learn more, please visit www.blazepizza.com or www.facebook.com/blazepizza.